Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guess who's coming to dinner?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Thor, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Yup! I'm in Texarse,cultural Mecca of the Universe, and ratface aka ferretboy ka NJL aka nospit-taco and I are having dinner tonight. My way of thanking him for being an object of abuse and ridicule for a year!

Honk!

2. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
  3. I thought you were gonna say a strange man of colour who your parents didnt approve of. ;)

4. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    My parents approve of red Rickenbackers :D

5. Your parents are wise indeed! :D

6. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Sure you're ivited if you can get here in 1 hour:D

Baces, I believe your description fits the bill. hehe...
    The hotelroom internet is pthtic ....:rolleyes:

7. When i first read the title of the thread i thought it was about the movie with the same name right away, so i couldnt resist the joke :D

8. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Let me fire up the transmogrifier! Initialiase the dubious capacitors! Commence the ritual hibernation!

Anything to help me avoid studying :(

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    the steak last night was the size of the body on my 5 string Jazz copy!

Thor is a class act. My little lady and I met him at a "hole in the wall" steakhouse :D The steak had the texture of a Goodyear tire and the service sucked arse! :eek: (just kidding, he took us to a rather nice establishment :) )

After that, we headed to the nearest martini place and had a few drinks. We took some pics with one of San Antonio's most talented bass players (a fellow lefty as well! :hyper: ), he was doing his regular weeknight gig, so Thor should put some pics up when he gets back home.

I'll let mr. humor chime in when he get's a chance, i'm on my way to go help him at his convention stuff (to give him a break) - i guess i'll be handing out fish to people! :bag:

10. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    grim reaper voice on: "salmon mousse... It was the salmon mousse..." grim reaper voice off...

11. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Knock knock!
    Who's there?
    Interrupting Goose!
    Interrupting Goo...
    HONK!

:)

Dang it! If San Antonio weren't so far away, I'd put on my rotting fish costume and come dance in front of Thor's booth all day! Be sure and take our dear boy to that little taqueria before he goes - Montezuma's Revenge, I think it's called!

Hope y'all have fun!

:D

12. I am most pleased to hear that steak, and not one of our relatives was on the menu! :D

That is great! More TBers should try to meet up whenever possible!

Glad you guys had a good time.

Was Thor threatening people with his hammer?

Actually, I was in San Antonio last night having a slice of pizza in a shop and you guys walked right past me.

You see, I have a background in espionage. :eek:

Sometimes I can't even find myself. :p

Mike :D

13. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    [DORY]
    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.
    [/DORY]

14. :D :D

Since no one else did this, and it is so obvious... http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0061735/

Mike :p

15. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    [PIRATE]
    Arrr! Your link, sir, appears to be Broken! Arrr!
    [/PIRATE]

16. ARR LADDIE BUCK!

Broken it was at first; you were right. A lame (in the head) pirate I be! :D Thankfully, mi faithful parrot fixed the link fer mi.

Mike ARRRR! :D

17. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Clearly our dear boy recognizes that he's the "black sheep" of the TB family. Too bad his sly little reference sailed right over this donkey's head. Good catch, Michael!!!

:D

18. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Arrr. Satisfied, I be. Arr.

19. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Thor did bring this up last night on the way to getting drunk when he was explaining this thread. I didn't have the slightest idea of what movie he was talking about. I wasn't even that shot of tequila in my mom's hand when this flick came out :D :smug:

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    hopefully June will be our hang out time, we are going to need all the help we can get at the Mercury Room.... :hyper: