Guest people who don't know the song your playing

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by MR.Smash, Jul 9, 2005.

1. MR.Smash

Jul 9, 2005
    Elmira, On
    A while back one of our earlier preformances at a coffee house or comunity centre im not sure which, we had a guest singer. now she is good, but with a lack of confidence. she's also a complete stoner. Now, sometimes that makes your musical talent rise but in this case it did not...
    We were playing a song called gone away by the offspring(as a memorial to someone who had passed away earlier that year), now this is an incredibly easy song... but not knowing the song well enough our guest singer messed up the order of verses/chours/and the random ooOOOoo that the offspring uses alot with vocals.....i think we ended up stretching a 4 min song to about 6-7 mins. This was incredibly amusing to me(drummer) and the rest of the band, we ended up having little sections of riffs we need to get through in order to kind of indirectly direct our guest vocalist in the right direction. finnally it got to the point where all the singing that needed to be done was done and having much experience and practice with my band we all ended with the same build>Speed>abrupt ending the song has. Anyways the crowd loved it. as different from the original order of things and lentgh of things it was, the song went over rather well

The moral of this story is make sure you can comunnicate with all the members of your band :D. and eveything you play won't suck