1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

gui****s?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stonedmotus, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stonedmotus

stonedmotus

Dec 10, 2009
    never heard this word until coming here. never associated playing bass with hating guitarists until coming here. to whoever uses it: it's really cheesy, so end it. you're embarrassing yourself & all the rest of us.
    quit playing bass if you hate guitars so much, no "bass only" albums in my collection. lame.

2. heavyfunkmachin

heavyfunkmachin

Jan 21, 2005
    dude:

RELAX

3. lighten up dude.
    its a term of endearment.

4. stonedmotus

stonedmotus

Dec 10, 2009
    it get's annoying to see it everytime you log on

5. jnuts1

jnuts1

Nov 13, 2007
    lighten up francis

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Interesting comment from someone with 'stoned' as his handle. You should give some 'bass only' a listen. Pretty amazing stuff out there. BTW, the gui**** in my band is a phenominal musician. I'm very proud of him. Also, just a historical note, since you have been here all of 4 months. It became a tradition not to write the word 'guitar' on a bass forum. gui**** partly grew from not using 'guitar player'.

7. OP obviously does know know any gui****s.

8. I can think of a real simple solution for you.

9. DONZI97

DONZI97

Dec 24, 2008
    Algonac Michigan
    hilarious

10. basscheez

basscheez

Nov 6, 2008
    Cleveland, Oh
    On a serious note, pretty much any use of "-tard" can be hurtful to family of someone with developmental disabilities.
    Of which I'm not, so, just sayin'.
    I've got no problem with gui****s, and count myself among them. But I'm a basstard first!

11. I have an autistic brother. The term "gui****" is in fun and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.

12. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I believe the term 'gui****' is in reference to the minority of electric guitar players who often play too loud and busy.

A minority of electric bassists are guilty of this as well.

13. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dufus

granted the term "gui****" is from a slang word.
    but medically speaking the term is correct.

i have a friend who is mentally handicapped, he hates that term.
    his disorder is retardation. so dufus maybe be slang, but it is correct.
    he prefers it actually.

and as far as the whole gui**** thing...you may not like it, but it isnt going anywhere.
    its more humorous than it is offensive. i told a friend who plays guitar about it, and he found it funny.
    he never heard about it until i told him either. your open to an opinion, as am i, just giving my .02

14. stonedmotus

stonedmotus

Dec 10, 2009
    i think it's really lame. no one else does. time to move on. next topic.

15. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    You're not alone.

16. bassplayer83192

bassplayer83192 Banned

Apr 19, 2010
    Dude chill out lolol

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Minority? Now, Ive played with some great guitarists, and never had anyone I would consider a 'gui****' in a band of mine, but I'd put money on the fact that 'gui****s' are not really the minority, considering how many clueless people decide to pick up the guitar. Though, I'll admit, Ive never been a fan of the term, and outside of this post have only used it maybe once or twice.

18. While I agree it is lame, I know way too many obnoxios, way to loud, look at how awesome I am, there's no way you know what you're talking about since you only play the bass, guitarists.

While the term is lame, I think it does clarify what kind of guitarists the poster is referring to.

19. I would assume someone from New York would've heard far more offensive and embarrassing things than gui**** and laughed them off??

20. mat b

mat b

Dec 21, 2005
    Albuquerque, nm
    Someone needs a nap...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.