Guide to Becoming a Rock Star

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Mar 7, 2002.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

FYI - The WB starts airing its new comedy, "My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star" next week. The story revolves around a fictional band, "Slipdog." I have no idea if it will be decent or just more suckatation like other new sitcoms. :rolleyes:

One cast member does have some cred, though -Michael des Barres. He was in a 70's band, Detective, who recorded on Led Zep's Swan Song label. He later replaced Robert Palmer in The Power Station.

And, like Spinal Tap, Slipdog can't seem to keep a drummer either.

Also, PBS stations are airing "The Who Live at The Royal Albert Hall" these days during their fund-raising drives.
  2. We had something like this a lil while ago about a Scottish band becoming a rock band.. It included sex with the Keyboarder, weed, weed, more weed, some music, parents. booze, weed, and more booze! :)

Eventually they got a label and became big - was all fiction however, but still funny :)
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Micro - that's kind of what I would hope for - some knowledge and empathy with the usual problems. Misery or joy loves company.

As with Spinal Tap, the band in the series is constantly forced to get new drummers. coincidentally, this weekend, my main band has to let the drummer know he has gotten smashed too many times for us to keep him in the band. The rest of us are past how many honeys we can put on our trophy wall or what substances we can score. Too bad - this guy has been in the biz seriously for a about 20 years. :(
  4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    sounds like the new version of "Shasta McNasty"

:D :D