1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guigsy of Oasis?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Mar 31, 2001.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    What's your opinion of Guigsy from Oasis......do u think he is as bad as his tab's show or was he just a tool in Noel Gallagher's oppression?

2. I'm sure he's just being held back. Most bassists in those kind of groups are.

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I think he was being held back to some extent. If you listen to songs like Cast No Shadow, he plays some decent stuff, but I doubt that the bass was part of the Gallagher's plans for world domination.

One thing I will say is Guigsy had probably the Worst Bass Tone Ever, which was probably down to Noel Gallagher. The new bass player, Andy Bell, is meant to be a lot better, but his bass was buried in the mix as well when I went to see them at Wembley. I do think Gallagher's oppression has been responsible for this anti-bass sentiment...

4. Moonraker

Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    Hmmm... Guigsy? no comment. The new bass player is alright though I was particulary
    impressed by his playing on the track 'Gas Panic'. I dont really like Oasis , but their so called rivals Blur are good (there more recent experimental stuff) the bassist from Blur
    (Alex James) is quite a decent bassist though.