Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guigsy of Oasis?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Mar 31, 2001.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    What's your opinion of Guigsy from Oasis......do u think he is as bad as his tab's show or was he just a tool in Noel Gallagher's oppression?

2. I'm sure he's just being held back. Most bassists in those kind of groups are.

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I think he was being held back to some extent. If you listen to songs like Cast No Shadow, he plays some decent stuff, but I doubt that the bass was part of the Gallagher's plans for world domination.

One thing I will say is Guigsy had probably the Worst Bass Tone Ever, which was probably down to Noel Gallagher. The new bass player, Andy Bell, is meant to be a lot better, but his bass was buried in the mix as well when I went to see them at Wembley. I do think Gallagher's oppression has been responsible for this anti-bass sentiment...

4. Moonraker

Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    Hmmm... Guigsy? no comment. The new bass player is alright though I was particulary
    impressed by his playing on the track 'Gas Panic'. I dont really like Oasis , but their so called rivals Blur are good (there more recent experimental stuff) the bassist from Blur
    (Alex James) is quite a decent bassist though.