1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guild 12 string

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Farseer, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Farseer

Farseer Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Parker, Colorado
    So my son is a guitarist and we found a '95 ish Guild 12 string that he fell in love with. It is at our local guitar shop that works on all our equipment. What I do know is it was made in Rhode Island before or right when Fender was purchasing Guild. What I don't know is if that vintage of Guild is good bad or indifferent.

I know there is vast knowledge here and was hoping for some insight. The Guitar Shop wants $550.00 for it. The neck is straight. Truss rods have movement and it has had a recent set up with strings.

Thanks all.

Attached Files:

sharkbait130 likes this.
  2. Somewhere around 1974 or 75 ,after dealing with a cheap Univox 12 string , I decided I wanted a nice 12 string. I went onto Chuck Levins in Wheaton Md and tried out several including a couple of Martins. Lo and behold , the best sounding and playing one was a Guild 3 12 model which is what I think you are looking at from the pics. The one you are looking at is in much better shape than mine is today as it has been rode hard and put up wet on more than a few occasions. Still plays great and still sounds incredible. They are fantastic instruments. Anything that can take the abuse that I have given mine and still play and sound great has a LOT going for it. I think I paid about $650 for mine back in the '70's. Go buy it now , before it gets away.:thumbsup:

Farseer likes this.
  3. Farseer

Farseer Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Parker, Colorado
    Thanks for the info. I just called and put down a deposit.

4. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Just be sure that it's stored nicely and that if stored for any length of time loosen the strings or the bridge will pull up from the body. That is no bueno. ( Sadly I had a Yamaha 12 do this to me when I was a wee lad who left it on a guitar stand in my room with the sun beating down on it from the window. Oy!

Farseer likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021