1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guild 3-point bridge questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by abarson, Sep 30, 2008.

1. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    I'm looking at the bridge used on the Guild B-301 and B-302 models, which has two side posts and one front center. The need for the side ones is understood, but what does adjusting the front center one do to your setup?

Does the bridge have enough mass, or does it feel flimsy?

Are most of you Guild owners happy with the bridge? Are string changes easy? Anything you'd change?

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I've got a 3-point bridge on my Gibson SG Supreme (the same design I believe). I don't find it flimsy at all. In fact, I think it's one of the easiest bridges to intonate because of the three adjustment points. The center post, at least for me, is used generally to raise and/or lower the strings to give me good height (or lack thereof) above the pickups.

3. If you look at the front "post" you'll notice it is really a screw that stands on a round metal disc in the body. It is the ground for the bridge. It is purely electrical and has nothing to do with supporting the bridge. The bridge is very solid and has a good amount of mass, so while I can't speak for other Guild owners, I am very satisfied with it. I would like more individual string adjustment(Height), but it is still easily adjusted and is well matched to the fretboard contour.