1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guild acoustic basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eliot L, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Hello all. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the difference between a guild b30 or b50. I have the chance to get one or the other for about the same price. I know they are techincally the same, the b50 being older. But does anyone have any opinions on what they would ick if they had the option (the b30 has a pcikup).

Thanks!!!

2. Are they both the same size as well? :)

3. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Don't really know much about guild acoustic basses. But my guitar teacher just got a acoustic guild guitar. It is VERY nice. The wood is of the highest quality, and its very playable. It also sounds awesome. That + sm57 to the recorder sounded amazing.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I had a B30 and loved it. wish I would have held onto it. Never played a b50.

5. Well, I'm getting a B30E in probably a week or so. I am extremely excited. I felt it would be a better choice with a pick up. I'll let everyone know what I think when I receive the bass! :)