Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guild acoustic basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Eliot L, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Hello all. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the difference between a guild b30 or b50. I have the chance to get one or the other for about the same price. I know they are techincally the same, the b50 being older. But does anyone have any opinions on what they would ick if they had the option (the b30 has a pcikup).

Thanks!!!

2. Are they both the same size as well? :)

3. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Don't really know much about guild acoustic basses. But my guitar teacher just got a acoustic guild guitar. It is VERY nice. The wood is of the highest quality, and its very playable. It also sounds awesome. That + sm57 to the recorder sounded amazing.

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I had a B30 and loved it. wish I would have held onto it. Never played a b50.

5. Well, I'm getting a B30E in probably a week or so. I am extremely excited. I felt it would be a better choice with a pick up. I'll let everyone know what I think when I receive the bass! :)