1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guild/ Ampeg deal? on Dayton Craigslist

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by jcpowell27, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Hey guys. I just noticed that, from what I can see, nobody ever posted this. Its an early 70's Guild Starfire bass and a 70's Ampeg B-15 fliptop for only $950. He does state that the Starfire has had trussrod work and that the fliptop is "working right" so I'm not sure if this is a fair price or not. Seems like a pretty fair, if not good deal IMO. Here's the linky for anyone interested:

http://dayton.craigslist.org/msg/547499088.html

Of course I have no affiliation with the seller, etc.

-Joe P.

2. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Great deal!

Marshall

3. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    I contacted that guy last summer when he originally posted them. The star fire has had the fingerboard pulled, a second truss rod added, then a new board placed on, and the b-15 just stopped working when I talked to him. If you've got some tech skills to fix the amp, and aren't worried about the vintage value of the bass you've got a hell of a deal. otherwise.... hmmmm....

4. 69limeRev

69limeRev Supporting Member

May 1, 2007
    Western Pa.
    I saw that and emailed him a couple of weeks back. Got no reply.