1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Guild B-140E acoustic bass guitar

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by daveman50, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    {I was originally asking $650 - I dropped the price to $500 OBO shipped - but when I got the bass out to take more photos, I decided to keep it.}

I bought this new in 2015 and have played it out of the house maybe 5 times. Excellent condition. Includes the polyfoam case, of course. I really like this bass, but I picked up a Breedlove fretless acoustic & the Guild isn't getting any time. I gotta make room in the closet.... It has a very clear, clean tone. Impeccable fretwork. Fun to play. A great bass, I'm just not using it.

Description from Guild: "Built with a solid Sitka spruce top, and solid African mahogany back and sides, the B-140E features an Indian rosewood fingerboard and bridge, bone nut and saddle, and mother-of-pearl rosette. This model also has a 1½” nut width on a vintage shaped Guild neck, iconic Chesterfield headstock emblem reminiscent of 1960s Guilds, period-correct tortoiseshell pickguard*, and Guild’s new lightweight polyfoam case." *For some reason the bass as shipped to me did not have the pickguard installed, but I have the pickguard, and you can install it if you like - I liked it better without.

With Fishman Sonitone Bass pickup. I've tried several string sets on it but in the end the original bronze strings seem to work best so they're back on it now.

Photo next to a P-Bass so you get an idea of the size:

PM me if you want more photos.
    Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

02.jpg
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    floydman likes this.
  2. I'm getting ready to eBay this so I will consider offers. Thanks.