Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guild B-301

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Sedge, Apr 30, 2003.

1. The Sedge

The Sedge

Apr 30, 2003
    Hey I have an old 1970's Guild B-301 bass and am wanting to sell it. Does anyone have any idea how much I should sell it for because I was given it and don't know the original price. It has some damage to the body work but that can be fixed with some varnish.
    Thanks

2. Taking an educated guess, I'd say $500.

I remember these from the late 70s. The fact that it has some damage (how much?) will keep you from getting top dollar. I'm no expert on the value of these birds, but, you can begin by checking here: www.mandoweb.com This is the Mandolin Bros. website on Staten Island. They should be able to tell you exactly how much it's worth.

Good luck.

Mike

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    nice basses but not in too high of a demand. I've watched a few sell on eBay in the past months going for $350 to $500.

I knew a guy with a pair of fretless Guilds. Both were nice players

4. I got a B-302 off Ebay recently for around $450. It is in mint condition, with almost perfect chrome and excellent frets. A mint 301 might go for less, due to the single p/u. And dents and dings will drop value, but not drastically if it is still in sound condition. I would guess 'street' value of $400 and Ebay value of $300, maybe a bit more. Hope you get what you want for it!