SOLD Guild Bisonic pickup

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by mellowgerman, Aug 15, 2018.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Price:
    Up for sale is a recent Guild Bisonic. This is one from the current Newark Street series. Healthy and happy pickup, though it does not come with the mounting ring. NO LONGER FOR SALE

NOTE: These pickups have two metal rod terminals where you solder your hot and ground. The snap connector lead came with the pickup so I will include it if you want it.
    Here is a good demo where this model is compared to the Curtis Novak boutique version:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuDtKF8qyNY

ljSZRln.jpg

VXUhJrp.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  2. hangman

hangman Supporting Member

Love those Bisonics Bump!

mellowgerman likes this.
  3. mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Aren't they just the best? These new Guild Reissues are pretty nice... head-to-head with a vintage Hagstrom specimen they can't quite keep up, but they are great for the price. Also, with the higher-end of modern preamp and studio technology, it's not hard to get pretty close if you or your engineer are good with tweaking the controls.

P.S. I'm jealous of your Versatone amp! Also, nice Starfire! Is that an Alembic bridge on there? My baby is a 1970 SFB-I with an added bridge pickup, tone-suck switch removed and replaced with a 3-way selector. Looks like yours might be a 66 or 67 with added bridge pickup and controls?

4. hangman

hangman Supporting Member

Yes, they are. I like them a lot. I find them very responsive to right hand attack.
    The bridge/tailpiece (and brass nut) on mine was made by Stars Guitars, which was a company founded by ex-Alembic people around 1974-75. I think they bought a lot of music store inventory from Alembic. So, not stamped "Alembic", but really it is Alembic. Yes, 1967 with added bridge pickup. Good eye. Yours looks really nice. I like the Guild Thunderstar bass head. I have one too, but it's been rebuilt with an Ampeg B15ish circuitry.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    mellowgerman likes this.
  5. mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Nice. I had a blueface 68 Thunderstar bass head that I sold some years ago. Started regretting that and missing it a lot, so when this 68 Thunderbass head popped up locally, I snagged it up and had it fully restored. It's an absolute monster with dual 8417 power tubes. I like being able to jumper/blend the two channels too... one is more mid heavy, the other has a scooped tone, so between those two, with the master volume control, it's a super versatile amp.

hangman likes this.
  6. len13

len13

Jan 3, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    What is the overall distance across the pole pieces? Thanks

7. mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Looks like 1.875" from center of E pole to center of G pole.

8. len13

len13

Jan 3, 2011
    SF Bay Area

mellowgerman likes this.
  9. mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    No longer for sale

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021