1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guild js-2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by robert43, Jun 10, 2007.

1. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    Hi all we ( me & my 15 year old son ) have been offered to buy a Guild JS-2 bass guitar (1975) .
    What I was wondering is what would this guitar be worth I would say its a 7 out of 10 in condition
    Any help would be apprecated you can give me a ball park pice in US $
    Thanks Robert Gardner Australia

2. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    Any one ???????????????????

3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Hard to say...
    Guild has always come up with obscure models over the decades to see what would 'hit', some cool some not.

The best place I like to watch for values is ebay, because those bids are telling me that's what people are willing to pay for such items.

-Mike

4. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    $750 us

5. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    $450-600 is what I have seen them sell for
    Quite a number of people are up grading them with DarkStar pickups

Thanks

Robert

6. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    HI all thanks for that so would you recommend this guitar for my son he likes to play music by red hot chillie peppers nickelback, greenday ,u2 etc or would we be better off buying a Fender squire etc new thanks for any input

7. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    No then I wouldnt recommend it
    The Guilds have a 60's feel to them

Show him some catalogues and see what your son has to say

I'd be interested in buying the Guild

My son is 14 (today) and he is pretty specific about what he likes and doesnt like. Get your son involved and do some research together and then check out some shops together.

Definitely get something used
    I would suggest Fender Japan , they have some good models and they have good resale

Thanks

Robert

8. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
  9. robert43

robert43

Jun 5, 2007
    Australia
    Hi all thanks for the reply , I will do some more looking into the bass recommended we only need a guitar as I have a old fender pratice amp 10 watts.
    As for buying the Guild dont forget I live in Australia so shipping the guitar to you might be fun
    Thanks all Robert

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021