1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guild Starfire I bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mellowgerman, Mar 10, 2008.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I may have the opportunity to pick up a Guild Starfire I bass sometime in the near future. It is the model depicted in the ad below(the pickup is located more toward the bridge, not by the neck). I'm not positive on the year but it does have the hagstrom bisonic in it. The finish is red and pretty worn. How much would one of these be worth?
    starfirebass65S.

2. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Prices seem to be going up on them recently. I'd say if it's in good condition and in NY @ $1500. That's based on two with neck position Bisonics at a place near me going for $2.200 and $2,950 respectively. Maybe you'll get lucky a year ago the one in the ad would probably have been $1,000 or less.

Hope the price your getting is better than above. I'd love to get my hands on one, but at this point since I want a II and the ones I've seen were way out of range, I'm thinking of a Lakland, besides it's 34" and available fretless.

BTW here's a previous thread when i was looking http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396237

3. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    yeah the condition is alright. It plays fine and everything works, just there's a bunch of dings and the finish is pretty worn.
    The main reason i'm askin for the value i guess is because i heard that there's only a few of these with the bridgepickup out there so i figured the worth would be a little higher maybe.

4. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Maybe, I don't know. Personally would want the pickup closer to the neck on a I, but you may be right.