1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Guild Starfire II Bass with OHSC - Local Sale / Seattle

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Morningside, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Morningside

Morningside Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Seattle
    Price:
    $985
    Strings:
    United States
    This is a 2015-16 Guild Starfire II bass, with the original hardshell case. It's a reproduction of the classic Guild Starfire used by Phil Lesh of the Dead, Jack Casady of Jefferson Airplane, and Chris Hillman of the Byrds and Flying Burrito Brothers. This is a medium-scale hollow-body bass, and it comes with relatively new vintage-appropriate LaBella flatwound strings, which should last you a long time.

This bass is in good used condition, but it has been modified significantly. The hefty stock tuners have also been replaced with Hipshot Ultra-Lite tuners ($145), to prevent neck dive. (These can obviously be replaced if you prefer vintage-correct tuners.) It shipped with a thick, glossy polyurethane finish, which has been carefully brushed with 0000 steel wool so that it now appears matte-satin (as you can see from the photos). If you're like me, you will consider this an improvement, but I know some people won't!

For now, this is PICKUP ONLY from Capitol Hill in Seattle, WA. If this hasn't sold locally within a few weeks, I may consider shipping. image1.jpeg image9.jpeg image10.jpeg image4.jpeg image3.jpeg image2.jpeg image7.jpeg image5.jpeg image0.jpeg

Attached Files:

El Tookay, BEADG63, RostyM and 6 others like this.
  2. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

F25A7B77-0062-4CD9-8412-BFDA5208CC90.gif

3. Drkwdsman

Drkwdsman Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Birmingham
    That is a beauty!

Erasmusman and Morningside like this.
  4. tsarter

tsarter Supporting Member

May 14, 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Hi

you sell this?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021