1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guild Starfire

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RonChase, Sep 5, 2008.

1. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    I had a Guild starfire it was aged beautifully it had one giant pick up and was cherry red.It had some strange wear on the paint.The finish was worn to bare wood down by the bridge and also next to theG string,It was one of the basses I wish I kept,I was never able to figure out why it was worn out in those 2 spots.One day while watching PBS with the oldies bands I saw an old Like maybe the Pacemakers or Hermits I really dont remember,well this dude was playing an almost identical bass and he had it about nipple hi just under his neck with his arm reached over the bridge with his fingers resting just in front of the G string and looked like he was playing with his thumb(something I do with my HOf) so that is why its worn that way,If anyone stumbles on this one I'd like to buy it back and uh oh yeh it was Freddie and the Dreamers:D

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Wish I could help you find your Starfire, but I can't.
    I too, sold one a long time ago (1968) and regret it.

However, thank you for reminding me of Freddie and the Dreamers (and the Freddie).

3. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    The wear on the side of the G string is a common wear mark and comes from people playing with poor right hand technique.