Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guilty By Association

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Platypus_Of_420, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. today during lunch, i walked outside with some of my friends and i walked up to my friend jesse and he was showing his pipe to our other friend, and right when he was doing that the resource officer pulled up. great, just what i needed, RIGHT when i walk outside. he confiscated the pipe and asked us wehre the weed was, none of us had weed, atleast i didnt know we had weed. he checked out ID cards, wrote down our names, called down the vice principal and the vice principal and him talked about what he as gonna do, the resource officer, being the complete flaming piece of bull crap pig he is, said he was going to arrest jesse and maybe arrest all of us and take us to court (there were about 7 people there). he said we were all "huddled" around a pipe, but we werent. so we went down to the office in the building, we talked to the drug councilor about what happend. and then eventually the resource officer came down and talked to each one of us individually.

he told all of us the same thing, which was "the other kids told me that your the one with the weed" and i told him no and that can he can search me, cause i really didnt have anything, but he said no. the person with the pipe was in a different room. then the vice principal came, searched my backpack and pockets, searched my other friends backpack. the vice principal accused us of throwing the weed out, and the resource officer basically told us that we had weed and werent giving it up. i understand why they do that, but even after they checked they still said that. then we left. i didnt know what happend to my other friends.

at about 2:15 i was sent down to the office and i saw one of my friends in the room with his mom, apparently he had a pipe and maybe a .2 gram nug on him. so, him and jesse were arrested, i dont know where they are now, i just saw them walking into their moms' cars at the end of the day.

as for me and my other friend who left with me; we got suspended, and for what? walking outside??? i understand guilty by association, but they have no proof that we did anything. i've been clean for about a month, and intend to stay that way. i've had no other record of suspension or any defiance or anything in my record, this is the first bad thing on my record, and when it comes down to it the worst thing i did was walk outside. one of the people who actually had a pipe on him didnt even get suspended, but thats probly cause theyre sophmores and im freshmana, the pipe tested negative, but he still wasnt suspended for associaton.

am i the only one who thinks guilty by association is complete bull? seriously, if your there when someone gets murdered, the law basically tells you that your the one that murdered them, even though they already know it wasnt you. either that, or the pig at my school is a complete douche.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Fair or not, you will be known by the company you keep. Especially in high school.

brad cook

3. I'm not sure that I totally understand this story. Who arrested these kids? What power does a resource officer have?

4. Sad, but very true.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    At the schools I've worked at the resource officer is a city police officer who is specifically assigned to a school or schools.

brad cook

6. Thats the way it is at my high school. They're real cops, not rent-a-cops or anything like that.

7. Bad example. If you are voluntarily at the scene of a crime and in a position to at least attempt to prevent said crime form being committed by a friend and you have no fear of recourse, then yes, you are guilty. Why are you in trouble?...because your friend had contraband and instead of getting the hell away from it....you stared at it.
    ...or your friend is a moron for bringing drug paraphernalia to school. Hmmm. One of these options makes more sense than the other.

Mike

8. Maybe tomorrow it will be grammar.

Mike

9. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I'm not getting on your back, but if you intend to stay clean, like you said, I'd get rid of the 420 in my moniker and get rid of the drug refrences in your profile, but that's your thing. It does portray an image, and that's all we know you by. I don't know if you project the same image at school.
    Unfortunately, you are judged in life by who you hang out w/ and my only experience is Calif. were there is a 0 tolerance policy whithin 100 yrds of a school. I'd say the other kids are in trouble, and it doesn't sound to me like your suspension was fair, but I don't know if it's worth fighting.
    If your gonna stay clean, and this is from experience, your gonna have to change some things and some of your friends will have to go.
    These are just suggestions, you can do as you please.

10. Now it makes a little more sense.

11. yeah, i was kinda exaggerating, but i'm just trying to get my point across. just stared at it? the resource officer pulled up barely 30 seconds after he took it out, even if i started heading back toward the building he'd still consider me as a witness. and yeah my friend is completely retarded, hes seriously smoked himself retarded, he took it out for no reason so someone can look at it.

proven guilty or not, the vice principal doesnt have the right to tell us what we have or don't have, and i swear to god if that resource officer woulda checked my pockets himself without a warrant i'd try to send his ass to court. and cops lieing to us, is that really legal? if its legal, its still screwed up. he wanted to punish us way more than we deserved, maybe searching was necessary, but not threatening to take us to court even if we did have anything on us (i didnt know tehy had stuff on them at the time), thats way over the line.

"I'm not sure that I totally understand this story. Who arrested these kids? What power does a resource officer have?"

i dont know, i wasnt there when they were arrested but i know the resource officer probly did before they left with their moms.

12. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Unfortunately, Cops lie all the time during interrogations, and all they need is probable cause to search. Sounds like they had that. I've been in situations like that, the best thing you can do is let it run it's course. Keep you mouth shut. Hope they scew up.
    The most often lie they use is they tell you the other guy is spilling his guts and blaming it on you, now tell us your side. That's when you keep your mouth shut.

13. Great stuff.

This thread made me laugh. ;)

14. hey, what can i say, i like the number 420. i dont really portray the same image at school, atleast i dont think so. people that know me well know that i dont do it that often and try to cut off, and people that dont probly think i'm a stoner cause i hang out with stoners, but i dont mind it that much, everyones pretty much a stoner at my school. and yeah i will change my equipment and all that crap in my profile, i havnt gotten around to doing that, but i'm keeping the 420. dont like getting rid of the friends idea, cause i've had the same friends for a few years and nobody really portrays them as "bad" people. because theyre not.

"Unfortunately, Cops lie all the time during interrogations, and all they need is probable cause to search. Sounds like they had that. I've been in situations like that, the best thing you can do is let it run it's course. Keep you mouth shut. Hope they scew up.
    The most often lie they use is they tell you the other guy is spilling his guts and blaming it on you, now tell us your side. That's when you keep your mouth shut."

yeah i kinda figured, thanks though. they did have a reason to search, so i let them and didnt say anything most of the time.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Perhaps a good nights sleep will help you calm down. You appear to be very irritated still, so your judgement is somewhat clouded at the moment.

Just wondering......the resource officer spots a group of kids with drug paraphenalia, so he decides to investigate. Why would he need a search warrant to check your pockets? On what grounds would you sue him if he had checked your pockets?

-Mike

16. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    It's just advice and it's worth what you pay for it.:) I'm glad your changing your profile, just not real classy. Do what you want w/ the 420.

17. I don't know about there, but you can likely fight the suspension to the school board. Even if your suspension is over when you fight it, you may be able to have it erased from your record

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.