Guilty Pleasure tunes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Does anyone else out there have a song, or songs that they love to play in private? A song, that if you're friends find out, they clwn you. I have 3. "Diggin' Your Scene" by the Blow Monkeys, "Eyewater Fallin'" by Level 42, and "Perfect Way" by Scritti Politti.
  2. i don't care what anyone thinks...i play what i want, when i want...although they do laugh (and i do to) when i play "country song" by blink182
  3. I don't know why, but I love playing
    "My Sharona" by the Knack.
    All I get are dirty looks...
    The shame.... but I can't help myself....
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My oldies band used to do that song. Everyone in the band hated it except for me. I get 4 dirty looks whenever I suggest doing it.:(
  5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    I'm a Believer. Been doing it for a while. I tap the organ parts in the chorus. Funny but now I got it in our live set that way. SOmething to do with it being featured in that Schreck movie.
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer. I don't care what anyone says. Not that anyone has made fun of me for liking it. Especially not my stupid, jerkface bandmates. I can't care what they say, it's not a girly song... not that they said that... I still like it... It's a good album, honest!
  7. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    My band covered "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic a while ago. The guitarist did the little recorder thing, but I learned it too so I play that once in awhile. I played it in an open solo in jazz band once, everyone stopped playing and stared and laughed at me.
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    hehe...we used to do that one in a band I was in....i was the one who usually didnt want to play it tho.
  9. "boris the spider", by the who.

i love singing along. if only i had the lows.
  10. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    "Daddy, Brother, Lover, Little Boy" by Mr Big.... I even rigged up a drill with picks!
  11. Ahhh what a cool thread. I am in a death metal band with very hardcore people. But my Dad is in a classic rock cover band and i go through his charts learning songs.

So during breaks or between songs, I start with My Sharona, or a bit of AC/DC or Creedence. It got weird looks, but then my guitarist opened up and said he liked that stuff too so we do heavy metal versions for a laugh.

Although the drummer hates it and always says "Damo... i have sticks remember and i CAN and WILL throw them" lol... although he did request AC/DC *eyes him off warily......*

12. A Flock Of Seagulls...

'nuff said...

(don't worry...I don't go round town with a two feet high etruscan hairdo...:rolleyes: )
  13. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Funny, it's really popular over here.
  14. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    'bust a move' by young mc. we played this for the battle of the bands back in high school and won. heheh.

related but off the subject - we covered the mighty mighty bosstones cover of the bob marley tune 'simmer down' for our project graduation, and bought a keg with the prize money we won. this happened because i finally managed to sink a three point (basketball) shot after 200 trillion tries. sorry, random story...