1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guiness Draught 5L mini keg???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by spade2you, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Anyone try one of these? About how long do they last?

2. You'll get about 9 British pints out of that. Just a little under. Which is just over 10 and a half American pints

If thats what your meaning how much do you get out of them?

3. I was kinda wondering how many days it would last, provided I don't drink it the first night with my friends.

4. There's really no other option.

5. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    If you can't drink it in one night, you're a wuss.

6. Most growlers are good for about 2-3 days, I was kinda figuring/hoping this might hold true.

7. Keep it in a fridge, should be fine for a wee while anyways.

8. How many people are you having over?

I mean, based on i_got_a_mohawk's numbers, you've got 10.5 US pints of beer. Any respectable beer glass holds at least a pint, so you're looking at 5 beer for 2 people, 3.5 beer for 3 people, 2.5 beer for 4 people, etc.

It's entirely doable.

Come on now. :p

9. I was thinking about getting a couple and no clue on how many will show up. If I tap one and everyone goes home and/or we all pass out, I don't wanna waste a drop o' beer!

10. I guess I didn't take into consideration you might be drinking something else besides the Guinness.

I stand by it. :p

11. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    It will probably last a couple days before it starts to develop an off flavor. Keeping it in the fridge will prolong that.

Be aware that it won't be the same experience as normal draught Guinness. Guinness is typically pressurized with a mixture of nitrogen and carbon dioxide (instead of just carbon dioxide like many other beers), and Guinness taps have a special restrictor disc before the tap nozzle to help create the foamy head. They try to compensate for this in the bottles and cans with a nitrogen ejector, but I'm not sure what the mini keg would have.

12. Will they fit in the Heineken Keg system?? If so, I'm buying one.

[​IMG]

I like Heineken but I also LUV Guiness :)

13. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    We had a Heinekin 5L keg a month or so back. Lasted abooout... 2 days. :meh:
    Not worth it IMO, just buy a case.

14. If you drink that slow, you need to put a big NIPPLE on the Keg :rollno: :confused: :D

15. Barfly

Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Where can I get one of these!!!!:hyper:

16. http://gizmodo.com/archives/heineken-beertender-008894.php

A few of the guys on our knife/gun forum pre-ordered them. They got theirs a few weeks ago and love them. I just put the Kegs in my shop fridge. I really don't see the need for the self contained tap thing :confused:

I guess if you dont have fridge space it would be cool. It LOOKS nice :)

17. From experience I know that most mini Keg last about 2 days, tops, before the flavour starts changing.
    Knifemaker I believe most coolers, like that one, are be able to receive any 5L kegs but that one been from heineken probably won't. All of the 5L kegs I have seen are the same shape, size and use the same system, except probabley from the Krombacher one which requires a special system.
    As for Barfly: http://www.nextag.com/beer-keg-mini/search-html

18. The Heineken cooler: Engineered to work exclusively with the Heineken® or Heineken Premium Light® DraughtKeg™

19. The Heineken system is $300 plus shipping. For $500 I could by a keg fridge with a Co2 system and buy standard kegs. They will stay fresh for several weeks or more.

20. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Would have been gone in a few hours if I wasn't under the watchful eye of my parents. :( (I'm 17).