Guitammer Buttkicker 2???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Jan 7, 2003.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    just picked up my issue of BP,

and saw the very cool article on the Guitammer Buttkicker 2. anyone try it? what's it like?

2. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Is that the one where you put your guitarist in front of it, and if he plays a horribly dissonant, distorted, 50dB too loud chord, it kicks him in the butt? I want me one of those! :D
  3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    You simply mount the buttkicker underneath the drummer's throne, & when/if he plays out of the pocket, it gives him a swift & hard kick right in the
    ass. Very useful, MANY applications for all kinds of people.

JNY-I read the article too. Is that picture to scale?
    I envisioned it to be larger.
    According to BP, it is a valid embellishment but requires both high-power and an appropriate mounting plate- Another toy! Cool!

I wonder-it seems sorta like EA's rumbleseat.
    What about that?
  4. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I pictured it larger too. I think the rumble seat is a recording device, just a speaker in a box. The ButtKicker is, uhhhhh, more like a feeling device. In other words, it's designed to make you feel the thump of your instrument but doesn't project any sound. I know the thump. In mid size clubs with killer PA's I've felt that thump in my chest, thought I was having a heart attck realized it was only a killer system which produced devestating lows and killer punch. The Butt Kicker, I think, is a punch fabricator, like the blast force from a bomb.
  5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    basically it's a vibrater:p
  6. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    The Rumble Seat is actually primarily a "feeling" device, so that in the mixing room with phones on, you can still feel the bass impact. The fact that you can stick a mic in it is a secondary use.

Edit: correction, it's described as both on the EA website:
  7. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

That may be, or there is a model that you can attach to your couch and/or the floor joist to add feel to the music.

You can also mount one under a platform and run in-ear monitors.