Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitammer Buttkicker 2???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Jan 7, 2003.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    just picked up my issue of BP,

and saw the very cool article on the Guitammer Buttkicker 2. anyone try it? what's it like?

[​IMG]

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Is that the one where you put your guitarist in front of it, and if he plays a horribly dissonant, distorted, 50dB too loud chord, it kicks him in the butt? I want me one of those! :D

3. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    No-
    You simply mount the buttkicker underneath the drummer's throne, & when/if he plays out of the pocket, it gives him a swift & hard kick right in the
    ass. Very useful, MANY applications for all kinds of people.

JNY-I read the article too. Is that picture to scale?
    I envisioned it to be larger.
    According to BP, it is a valid embellishment but requires both high-power and an appropriate mounting plate- Another toy! Cool!

I wonder-it seems sorta like EA's rumbleseat.
    What about that?

4. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I pictured it larger too. I think the rumble seat is a recording device, just a speaker in a box. The ButtKicker is, uhhhhh, more like a feeling device. In other words, it's designed to make you feel the thump of your instrument but doesn't project any sound. I know the thump. In mid size clubs with killer PA's I've felt that thump in my chest, thought I was having a heart attck realized it was only a killer system which produced devestating lows and killer punch. The Butt Kicker, I think, is a punch fabricator, like the blast force from a bomb.

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    basically it's a vibrater:p

6. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The Rumble Seat is actually primarily a "feeling" device, so that in the mixing room with phones on, you can still feel the bass impact. The fact that you can stick a mic in it is a secondary use.

Edit: correction, it's described as both on the EA website:

http://www.euphonicaudio.com/rumbleseat.html

7. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

That may be, or there is a model that you can attach to your couch and/or the floor joist to add feel to the music.

You can also mount one under a platform and run in-ear monitors.