Guitar amd drums

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by John-Paul666, Sep 25, 2005.

1. :help: I was just thinking if any of the TB'ers know of any sites there is that has the bass taken out of songs so that you could play along with the music without haing to find anyone to play with? :help:
  2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I've actually seen a device designed to do this. It was basically a CD player that selectively removed frequencies normally used by the bass guitar. Not sure how well it worked though, but I think you cna still buy them at major music stores.
  3. The Tascam, CD-BTmkII

Never used one, but supposedly is has a bass cut so you can play along with the cd.

If that's not what you are looking for, there are also "play along" cd's and tapes you can buy. They are usually made to learn a certain style of music. It will have a band track on one speaker and the bass track on the other speaker. If you want to play along with the cd/tape you simply adjust your speaker balance on your stereo so you can not hear the bass track.
  4. I had a lot of humbling fun with the Standing In The Shadows Of Motown CDs. The bass is on one side everything else on the other.
  5. VVildo

Sep 6, 2005
    I usually just run a high-pass filter on the song with Audacity. It's no where near perfect, but you can pretend.
  6. there are lots of practice discs (and books) - most notably the aebersold stuff ( where one side is bass, the other side keys or guitar...the drums are split; if you're a bassist you just turn your balance to one side and play along...horn and keyboard players turn it to the other side.

I'm pretty sure there are some records recorded like that also...the Who's 'Live at Leeds' comes to mind. Just turn to one side and it's all guitar/drums/vox; the other side is bass/drums/vox

That's one of the 1st records I started with, and it helped immensely...listen then play
  7. If you go to
    and go to the worship resources section, there are a few "simplified instrumental tracks" that is, you can download just the guitar of a song, or just the keyboards or the bass for that matter. (for free mind, most of the other stuff on there you have to pay for) Don't know if that will help, but there you go.