guitar and bass amp?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by evilbob101, May 17, 2004.

1., I bought a guitar! *hides behind a mound amps* :bag: . It's a fender (squire) fat strat. My question is: I have a GK backline 250 head and 4 X 10 cab. Will this setting work, or am I at risk of hurting my amp, or the guitar.
  2. Not really, it just won't sound super sweet. It'll get the job done.
  3. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    You won't hurt anything. Plug 'er in. Your tone won't be optimized for quitar freq's but it will work fine.
  4. Get a 30 watt Crate or Marshall or something combo.

10-12 inch speaker, up to 50 watts, that's all you'll ever need.
  5. Yeah, I was thinking along those lines. I'll have to put up the cash for a nice 12" sometime, soon as i get some cash.

Anybody have trouble with the line 6's?
  6. line 6's sound really cool (i want a vetta, but they are major $$), but have you tried playing through your bass amp? I play my squier jagmaster through my bass amp and i get a better sound than with my crate amp (although the crate has awesome built-in distortion) of course, you'll get a pretty fat sound, mine sounds like george benson through my behringer bx1200 (without all the "correct" notes being played like Benson)but thats also the sound i'm going for.
    But if you want a real trebly sound, i agree with Kaz and get a marshall or a crate or something. I suggest crate.

7. Between Marshall and Crate, I prefer the Marshall sound, its so.....Arena Rock! :smug: . The guitar arrives tomorrow! The only thing I'm still concerned about is how the high's are going to sound coming out of my GK, and if it's going to be damaged, but, according to the advice given, my amp should hold up. :p .