Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar and Bass Pros Embrace BOSS GS-10 Guitar Effects System

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by Marlat, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK

BOSS is proud to announce that guitar [and bass] heavyweights are embracing the GS-10 Guitar Effects System. Powered by COSM modeling, the GS-10 Guitar Effects System has everything guitar and bass players need for incredible tone--and now, thanks to custom sound patches created by guitar heroes such as George Lynch, Marty Friedman, and Yngwie Malmsteem--GS-10 users have legendary sound patches available at their fingertips.

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Continued
    GS-10 advocate and guitar heavy George Lynch comments, "The GS-10 has really taken things to the next level. I wasn't expecting a lot, to be honest, because quite a lot of these boxes were letdowns. But I tell you what killed me was that first program. You just turn it on and it's unbelievable. It's the kind of tone that I'd been looking for all my life. It's unbelievable. I do a lot of clinics around the world, and it's all I use. I'll plug the GS-10 into anything they've got — any power amp, combo, 4x12 — anything I do is going to sound great. It's a wonderful sounding box. As long as I have it, I know I can go out there and kill consistently."

BOSS will also be creating custom Jimi Hendrix patches of the revered idols popular songs including Purple Haze, Foxy Lady, Little Wing, Voodoo Child, Red House, The Wind Cries Mary, and Fire. These unique licks for GS-10 patch demos will be styled after Hendrix's original songs.

"We're thrilled that these guitar icons are now onboard and that we're able to make their sounds available to our customers worldwide," says Roland Director of Product Management and Marketing, Doug Hanson. "Their genuine enthusiasm for the product is contagious and we look forward to making additional patches from other top guitar and bass talent available in the near future."

Source: http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=67943