1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Bra?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by El Beardo, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Not a new idea. They were marketed in the 80's as guitar bikinis.

2. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    They should market the next incarnation of that thing as the Mojo Stopper.:D

3. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I sold those in the '80's and the brand name our store carried was "Guitar Bra"!

jte

4. crayzee

crayzee

Feb 12, 2009
    Mississauga, ON
    Interesting. I guess if you don't wanna spend money refinishing or buying multiples of the same instrument...

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    VERY old idea.......

Attached Files:

6. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Can't think of anything I'd want less...

7. somebody actually bought one?

8. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    More like two dozen. But then we also sold a lot of brass nuts to folks who thought it'd give them more sustain, and I sold Gibson acoustics to people who stood there and said the Guild sounded better, played better, and was a better value, but they had to have that "Gibson" on the headstock. And people in those days bought the low-end Kramers with the plywood bodies and swore they got the same guitar as EVH...

jte

9. A good marketer can sell a steaming pile of excrement, using the right descriptive phrases.

10. Ahh... the "Axe Jacket."

11. Fender used to sell a clear plastic shield for their P-basses that snapped on and covered over the back and sides...probably a better idea than those....

12. I've got one of those, but mine's white. I think they came in several colors as well as clear. Saw a red one on eBay a couple months ago.

13. ClaytonH

ClaytonH

Mar 10, 2009
    Hudson, OH
    Take Billy Mays for example. all he did was scream and change laundry on tv, look at him now, hes got his own tv show with that british guy who sold a sweeper mop with a sqwege.

Ohh and this is what billy mays is reall saying: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jabo0odyDubs