Guitar case for a headless bass?

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by rojo412, Aug 2, 2020.

1. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I'm trying to find a case that will fit a full-bodied headless bass. And while a bass case does the trick, if I could find a shorter case (like a guitar case) that would do the trick, that would certainly be more efficient.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to start looking? Or has anyone struggled with a similar issue on a bass like a Status or Hohner Jack or something that is similar in concept?

With as screwed up as things are, even the local GC is depleted and I can't really try anything out. Plus, they tended to have more "form fit" cases for Strat and Tele sized stuff. I'd need something more appropriate for a bass sized body (20x14" ish) and not specifically designed for a Fender shape.

I do know that the fancier/harder-sided gig bags fit okay for this, but am specifically looking for a rectangular(ish) case to do the job.
    So if anyone has a recommendation, I'm all ears.

2. ronin614

ronin614

May 15, 2008
    New York
    I’m not sure about the rectangular cases, but a regular guitar sized gigbag that they have in stock at GC fit my Hohner Jack perfectly. It also fit in an inexpensive Fender guitar gigbag. If your bass is comparable to the Jack, I’m pretty sure that a standard guitar gigbag would fit it.

However, in the hard cases that I’ve had, I did have to cut a small notch in the wooden storage area for the upper horn strap button to fit. Hope this helps.

3. I recently received a Kiesel Zeus headless bass. It shipped with a great padded soft case, but like yourself I've been on the hunt for a hardshell. A friend recently stopped by with his Gibson SG guitar. The hardcase for that fit my Zeus like a glove. I intend to order something similar.

rojo412 likes this.
  4. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Very cool, thanks for the head's up. May have to give that a shot as well.
    I was also thinking something like a 335 case of some sort may work, too. They are wide, they are body-large, and a relatively common shape.

5. Luckydog

Luckydog

Dec 25, 1999
    Would a compound bow case do it? If the dimensions work, you could add internal foam to a Pelican (or Pelican-type) case. They do “pick and pluck” foam that you can tailor to your specific needs. If bow case is not long enough, perhaps a rifle case.
    0DB88C18-C9C2-4B9C-9A69-0AB53BFA270B.jpeg

rojo412 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021