1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

guitar case for my gretsch

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Unemploid, Jan 21, 2012.

1. i have a gretsch 5123b electromatic hollow body bass and i need a case for it. particularly interested in a gretsch brand guitar case that would be the right size. my guess would be that the electromatic guitar case would be able to store the bass model, but basses have longer necks than guitars, so im going to look more into that. help me out with finding a case. also, is their any specific bass amp cord i should look into. i have a really good monster amp cord, but if their is a amp cord built for bass ill check it out.

2. I own a Warwick Rockcase, comes with foam which you have to cut out. At least it fits amy bass!

3. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Jan 20, 2009
    Titusville, FL
    I use coffin cases for a couple of my hollowbodies of similar size. They are massive, cumbersome and ugly, but they fit the bass.

4. ih8law

ih8law

Aug 8, 2009
    Houston, TX
  5. fjadams

fjadams

Jun 7, 2011
    Danbury, CT
    Also use the Road Runner case.

""Second, and a better fit, Road Runner makes a molded hard case that sells for $109 and is a better fit. The strap button on the top bout hits the interior foam, but it won't take much massaging to compress the foam at that spot so there's no interference. I found this case at Guitar Center. It's lighter than the TKL and balances better.

I can't find the Road Runner case anywhere on the GC website, but the data on the tag says:

Roadrunner RRMBA 17 ABS Molded Acous Bass GTR case

UPC code on the tag is: 6 56238 01 527 1. ""

6. thanks everybody