1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Center...123 basses at my local store!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jd56hawk, Nov 2, 2018.

1. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Tried this one and a Greco Dan Armstrong copy.
    They had an Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV in a color I've never seen before..it’s listed as trans black but it looks like black cherry, very black cherry.
    I asked one salesperson what color it was and she said she thought it looked like wine and another one said he thought it was walnut. Of course, Epiphone didn’t make either color so it must’ve dimply been the lighting in the store. Should’ve tried it out but I spent so much time playing this and the Greco that i didn’t get the chance.
    C529-CCB6-EC95-4-C04-98-AA-05-F148-CCB059.
    I really liked the Music Man, great color, crummy photo.
    Strings were garbage but it is a used bass.
    And the Greco? Really big surprise. Dialed in a few nice tones and fooled around with it for a good fifteen minutes. Sure, it was as heavy as hell and the hard edge wasn’t exactly comfortable under my right arm, but for $699 I seriously considered it. Unfortunately I only had $300 in my pocket and I made a promise to myself not to buy anything more this year.
    It’s going to be a long two months because I also tried one of these at Sam Ash and it sounded as good as it looked.
    84-AD5-FDF-B55-E-4585-93-F0-B13-DB2-E851-D1.
    And I didn’t even make it to 8th Street Music or Russo’s!

B-Mac, Nebula24 and Bass V like this.
  2. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

Sure. yup, I hear ya...G.A.S. is creeping up on ya....I see it behind ya...it's reaching in your wallet....yup....only a matter of time now...... :D

jd56hawk likes this.