1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar center, A tale of struggle and perseverance.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hambone1, Nov 28, 2006.

1. hambone1

hambone1

Sep 13, 2006
    Allow me to tell a story about a man who spent his hard earned money on some bass equipment...

The man went to Guitar Center and ordered expensive equipment. The sales person claimed it would arrive in three weeks. Of course it did not and the man had to argue day in and day out to find out why. Until one day he discovered that one of the half-brain num-nut employees cancelled the order by accident(or at least that was the bold face lie they told to appease him)...

Anyway, to make a long story short guitar center and its employees dont give a whootinany about any of their customers and they suck.

Feedback is more than welcome.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    So, one person screws up and it's endemic of the entire organization?

3. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I think it's more that this is just another point to add into the "GC Blows Category".

Honestly though, I would love to have a GC in my town...or an Axe, Mothers, Long&McQuade....

4. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Of course. Didn't you get the memo? Retailers are no longer allowed to make mistakes for fear of being bashed by every yahoo with an internet connection. ;)

5. badstonebass

badstonebass

Jun 7, 2006
    ohio
    Hate to rain on the Parade but I've had nothing but good experiences from Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, and Sam Ash.

I would guess they have so many complaints because......99% of all people buy from them.

6. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'd just as soon buy high end stereo equipment at K-Mart. If you are only interested in cheap, GC is the way to go. If you want knowledgable staff and service after the sale, find a music store owned by a musician.

Guitar Center blows goats!

7. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    I am in different. They have good deals on accessories and if you want a tab/instructional books. they are the place to go. but when I exchanged a Schecter stiletto Custon 5 for a Yamaha 5 string you out to seen the dirty look the saleman who sold it to me gave me because there was a 200.00 price difference and I was getting the difference credited back to my CG credit card.

Yes, sometimes, they can make mistakes or do dumb things. But so can the people at Walmart, Target or any other retail store. Everyone makes mistakes.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've had no complaints about GC.

I went to try out a pedal, told the salesman I'd more than likely be returning it to try out some others, so he dug through the ones and grabbed the one that was already returned once. He told me to bring it back and swap if I wanted to keep it. No problems there.

9. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Well of course he gave you a dirty look. That transaction cost him
    $6 in commission.:D

10. anonymous_111514

anonymous_111514 Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    well I really dont understand how you can have a problem with a store, I personally do all of my ordering off of the net (its quicker and most of the times cheaper) and if i go to a store all i do is try the stuff out/buy it. not really much to do with the people there:smug:

11. If you spend a lot of time there and try to make friends with the employees who seem to know what they're working with, it's a great place to deal with. I can't recall having any bad experiences with GC.