1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Center Deal? GK 1001 for $630 total

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PinkFloydDan, Feb 18, 2008.

1. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    I just walked out of Guitar Center with a GK 1001 for $630 (5 percent tax). It was the one used on top of the rack mount, but who cares. I thought it was a decent deal.

Did I get a good deal?

2. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    That's a pretty good deal I believe. Is it a mark I or a Mark II?

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    They are 600 shipped from RMCAUDIO new, no tax.

4. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    +1 to that. New in box.

5. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    dang it

6. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Whoops nevermind.

7. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    I just called $619 at RMCAudio

Mine is the Mark II by the way.

So, they beat the price by 11 bucks. I think I came out OK.

8. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Must be new pricing for the new year. ;) I think you did well. It is a great head and you will enjoy it. Very powerful, yet also has good tone at low volume.

FWIW, RMC is a great shop. Just ordered a dbx 160A from them for almost 20% less than everyone sells them for.

9. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    That was new?

10. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    I just bought Audio Technica headphones from them now. Decent price of 53 bucks for the M30s.

My bass amp was just put out on the display to replace the current one in the rack. They both had sticker "1" on them for the amp indicator and this one was sitting on top. It's not brand new nor did it come with a box.

Oh well. Maybe I will just take it back to guitar center...but I don;t think it really matters that it had some use.

I should have bought a back up bass. Where is the best deal!! :)

11. leftymike

leftymike

Sep 23, 2006
    Austin Tejas
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Not bad when you can walk into a GC and come out with that! I'd have done it even with the RMC deal. I'm more of an impulse buyer anyway. If I walk in and see something I'm more susceptible to buy it (at a good price) than if I've been thinking about an on-line purchase.

12. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    That's an alright deal. The only thing you should be concerned with is abuse. I've worked at guitar center, and i've seen those amps go through some stuff that would make you cringe! Fortunately, it has to be under warranty, but that just secures that you do have some place to send it when something happens, hopefully you got one with light abuse!