Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar Center deal on Spector Q4's n Q5's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Figjam, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I got the new Guitar Center catalog in the mail and they are having some nice sales and Spector Q4s and Q5's are going for cheap. Something like $369 for the Q4 and a little more for the Q5. Anyone else see this? I highly recommend these basses btw.

2. capnhiho

capnhiho

Feb 22, 2004
    Central CA
    I recently decided to buy a solid body bass to learn on (played around at guitar for the last 40 years) - I was thinking of an OLP MM-3 or SB-4. I received the GC catalog and thought "Hey!" but never expected to buy a bass as nice as a Q4. I went to my local GC looking something else when I checked out the Spector 2B's on the wall. A beautiful amberburst Q4 was hanging above them for only $20 more than the 2B. After much thought I decided it would be a better investment than an OLP or ?? and took it home for $369. The manager thought it was mismarked - showed me on the computer that the sale price is only $14 over his cost. Did I do good? :D

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  4. capnhiho

capnhiho

Feb 22, 2004
    Central CA