Guitar Center deal on strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Riverrunsred, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    I went to my local GC today for some Dunlop's, told the fella I need a pack of Dunlop mediums. He says "I think there is a deal on those right now"......sure enough, 2 packs for $20.00

Just passin' along.

2. PZapdos

PZapdos

Jan 23, 2010
    New Hampshire
    does this apply to 5 string sets?

3. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    I don't think so, I saw the guy hold up his sale paper thing and I saw $19.99, then again it could be 2 sets of 5's for $25-30 ?

4. spideyjg

spideyjg Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Grabbed 2 sets last week. If still going on I may grab more.

Jim

5. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    I couldn't pass on that deal.

6. PZapdos

PZapdos

Jan 23, 2010
    New Hampshire
    ill have to check tomorrow, wont be passing by a GC till tomorrow :p

7. Get a set of 4 for that price and then order the B strings from www.juststrings.com or, if GC sells single Dunlop B's, get them from there. Man, I'm so smart!

8. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Never tried dunlop's, how do they sound or feel? Sounds like for the price they'd be worth a try. If I could get a months use out of them that'd be sweet.

9. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    To be honest, I don't know. I just picked up the bass after being a guitar player type. I have heard some good things about them , so I figured why not give 'em a shot.

10. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Dunlop's sound great. They last a good long time, too.

11. GC in Santa Clara claimed no such deal is happening. Oh well, GC only has nickel Dunlops anyway.

12. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I may try them myself, if I can handle a trip to GC..... The one near my house is like a burn out gui**** hangout..... The last time I wen't in there to get strings, I had to endure a twenty minute session of this guy showing his lack of guitar chops on a cranked marshall stack..... Needless to say I got my strings and a headache all in one trip.

13. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    That's why I try to go at lunch time, when the youngins are in school and what-not.

14. I just stuck a set of Dunlop nickels on my Peavey Cirrus 6'er and I must say, I'm liking them. Very bright for nickels, yet very smooth to the touch compared to stainless steels. I used to be a SS Sadowsky blue label guy but Sadowsky doesn't make strings for 6'ers so I switched over to Dunlops for my Cirrus. I'm digging them, especially for $20.

15. Dunlop's are solid.......good deal.

16. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    The last time I bought strings I got two packs of Roto 66's and they were like $50.00 with tax. I used Ernie ball for years which are usually cheaper than the Roto's, but the slinky's just don't seem to last like they used to. I think I'll give'em a try and see. 30 bucks is 30 bucks after all.

17. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    How can you jump from EB's to rotos without issues? They feel COMPLETELY different.