Guitar Center deal on strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Riverrunsred, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    I went to my local GC today for some Dunlop's, told the fella I need a pack of Dunlop mediums. He says "I think there is a deal on those right now"......sure enough, 2 packs for $20.00

Just passin' along.

2. PZapdos

PZapdos

Jan 23, 2010
    New Hampshire
    does this apply to 5 string sets?

3. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    I don't think so, I saw the guy hold up his sale paper thing and I saw $19.99, then again it could be 2 sets of 5's for $25-30 ?

4. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    Grabbed 2 sets last week. If still going on I may grab more.

Jim

5. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    I couldn't pass on that deal.

6. PZapdos

PZapdos

Jan 23, 2010
    New Hampshire
    ill have to check tomorrow, wont be passing by a GC till tomorrow :p

7. Get a set of 4 for that price and then order the B strings from www.juststrings.com or, if GC sells single Dunlop B's, get them from there. Man, I'm so smart!

8. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Never tried dunlop's, how do they sound or feel? Sounds like for the price they'd be worth a try. If I could get a months use out of them that'd be sweet.

9. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    To be honest, I don't know. I just picked up the bass after being a guitar player type. I have heard some good things about them , so I figured why not give 'em a shot.

10. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Dunlop's sound great. They last a good long time, too.

11. GC in Santa Clara claimed no such deal is happening. Oh well, GC only has nickel Dunlops anyway.

12. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I may try them myself, if I can handle a trip to GC..... The one near my house is like a burn out gui**** hangout..... The last time I wen't in there to get strings, I had to endure a twenty minute session of this guy showing his lack of guitar chops on a cranked marshall stack..... Needless to say I got my strings and a headache all in one trip.

13. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    That's why I try to go at lunch time, when the youngins are in school and what-not.

14. I just stuck a set of Dunlop nickels on my Peavey Cirrus 6'er and I must say, I'm liking them. Very bright for nickels, yet very smooth to the touch compared to stainless steels. I used to be a SS Sadowsky blue label guy but Sadowsky doesn't make strings for 6'ers so I switched over to Dunlops for my Cirrus. I'm digging them, especially for $20.

15. Dunlop's are solid.......good deal.

16. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    The last time I bought strings I got two packs of Roto 66's and they were like $50.00 with tax. I used Ernie ball for years which are usually cheaper than the Roto's, but the slinky's just don't seem to last like they used to. I think I'll give'em a try and see. 30 bucks is 30 bucks after all.

17. Craig_S

Craig_S Inactive

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    How can you jump from EB's to rotos without issues? They feel COMPLETELY different.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021