1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Center deals

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kyon`, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I stopped into the local guitar center today and found a number of deals and blowout sales for a lot of used gear. The coolest one I thought a Dean Zone XM bass and Acoustic b20 combo for $200, would make a good starter pack gift.

2. bass rocks

bass rocks

Nov 15, 2010
    dont get the acuistic amp unless you or the person your getting it for wants to play country music the dean zone is awsome or it looks good

3. Zoa

Zoa

Dec 28, 2009
    what?!?!??

4. hahaha, this thread is so much win.

5. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Wait until Thanksgiving Weekend ( Black Friday ) before you buy. Could be that they will have more deals unloading other stuff.......................:cool:

6. dabbler

dabbler

Aug 17, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I have an Acoustic B20, and I have no idea why you would say that. The B20 is a very nice pratice or starter amp, IMO. I also have an Acoustic B200h, and 115 and 410 cabs., and I don't do country (it's not that I can't appreciate country, I just don't know how to play it).

7. I have an acoustic 200h and 1x15 cab, and while after reading that post, I realized it could work really well for country and I might try that out, if only I listened to it more. But I use it for everything, from primus to mighty mighty bosstones to the beatles, and it works fantastic for what it is.

8. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Yeah! What he said....What?!?!??

My son has a B20 and plays everything BUT country. I picked up a new B100 at GC for $149 and I play everything BUT country.

9. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I don't quite follow, when I played through the b20 I found the eq to be pretty flexible and more of a matter of the signal going in. It is also only a practice amp and maybe a small coffee shop gig amp but even then, it's rare to gig with it and for a practice amp I think it's very very good.

10. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    +1 I own one and use it for my home practice amp. I went through a few small inexpensive amps and tried a lot of them before I bought one. IMO it is the best sounding amp int it's price range and better then some costing a lot more.

11. Root.
    V.
    Repeat.

:bag:

12. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    lol

That's like saying
    Rock, Grundge, Metal, et al...
    I
    repeat. repeat. repeat. repeat. repeat. repeat. repeat. ad infinitum

13. Beat me to it. Don't forget the occasional eighth note run between chord changes.

14. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    ^^^

Not required in most rock/grundge/metal/et al songs.:bag:

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    This is too good not to sig.:D

16. Is acuistic like altruistic? If so, more amps should be like that.