1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guitar Center Floor model sale

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by tumpinjahosafat, Aug 28, 2007.

1. tumpinjahosafat

tumpinjahosafat Guest

Nov 11, 2006
    i got this postcard in the mail about a day or two ago. It said thatm y local GC (Manchester, CT) will be having a labor day sale, getting rid of all its floor models, returned models, demos anything and everything i guess. Lots of prices choped in half i guess. Anyways im not sure if its goin on for thier entire chain of stores but im gettin off work to see if there are any good deals on anythign worth buying.

2. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    it's chainwide, mang! it is a good idea to stop in any of these sales. you'll see LOTS of great deals... some of the gear will be pretty beat up, but some of it'll just ave very minor nicks or scratches. get there early, though.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

3. When does the sale start? Is it strictly on labor day or is it the whole weekend?

4. collicsws6z28

collicsws6z28

Jan 29, 2007
    my flyer said it starts on monday at 8

5. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    ive picked up some cool stuff at their holiday sales, deffinitely check them out. recently i scored a yamaha TRB1005 for 500 bucks...usually 799 in store, 1299 list...so yes, check it out!

6. Rawkabilly

Rawkabilly

May 4, 2007
    Central IL
    My experience has been that they're also a little more willing to haggle on scratched/used/discontinued items during these sales. If the salesperson won't budge, politely ask to speak to the manager. Ditto on arriving early for the best deals. I would even drop in the day before to scope it out.

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, I think it's time for another trip to the Twin Cities on Monday.:)

8. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i called to ask if a certain item that was a floor model would be on sale and the lady in guitars said "not all floor models will be on sale".

9. rokkitt

rokkitt

Jun 7, 2007
    bronx, nyc
    I got a DEAN METALMAN bass for 49 dollars

yes fifty bucks!

didn't have to think too long about that

Rokkitt