guitar center mis-hap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by retitled, Sep 3, 2005.

1. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    i called up guitar center and asked them to tell me a run down of the used bass pedals they have. he asked me if im looking for anything specificly and i said a Boss ODB-3 or a Digitech synth wah envelope filter.. keep in mind ia specified BASS!! he says he has the digitech and i tell him to hold it while i go down there

i get there and he grabs the pedal says "this is great iv been playing with it all day" and rings it up...

i get home and i notice it doesnt say bass...

is this my fault or his?

i mean i did specify bass.. and its not like he didnt know it wasnt for bass he said he was playing with it all day

i bought it used.. it cost 50 but over the phone i told him i only had 51 and i needed $4 to get there so he gave it to me for 47 straight...

i have no use for the guitar pedal.. plus it doesnt have the octave function... if i take it to return it should i ask for money that i used to get there the second time because of the mistake?

i mean im losing $8 here.. for both rides.. im currently broke btw...

::sigh:: whats a man to do
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dunno...not buy it?
  3. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    lol i noticed it AFTER i bought it and brought it home...
  4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Return it and take the loss, or try and re-sell it. IMO it was more your mistake. He may have misunderstood or maybe assumed that it was for bass too. But you should have noticed what you were buying at the time. Just IMO.
  5. uh, ever thought about returning it?
  6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Thats why you should inspect anything you purchase personally to make sure its what it is supposed to be.

It might have been his mistake but it was your fault. All IMO ofcourse. ;)

Return it, take the loss, and chock it up to an $8 lesson in actually looking at what your buying.
  7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Get your money back, but not the $8. Thats probably your fault.
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds like it was your fault for not checking before you left the store. Not like he was shipping it or anything, you could've checked before paying even.
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    They have a 30-day return policy. What's the question again?
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    "Can you all pay attention to me, please?"
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    +1 for Brendan. What's the big deal? Just because it doesn't say BASS on it doesn't mean it's not suited for bass. A synth wah would probably work great on bass. You're nitpicking.
  12. I do believe he said,

I don't think the 30 day return applys to used items.

If I read it correctly, "retitled" stated:

I'd would at the very least, call and tell them there was a misunderstanding, you were looking for a BASS pedal, and see if they'll take it back, or trade it for one if they have one, or give store credit toward purchase for when one shows up. Worth a shot. IMHO
  13. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    If you don't want it, take it back. As for them reimbursing you for the $8, go ahead and ask if you don't mind having someone laugh in your face.

Bottom line--always look at what you are buying. If you can't be bothered to make sure you aer buying what you think you are buying after spending $4 to get someplace, you have no one to blame but yourself.

You are entitled to the purchase price, plus tax--nothing more. Consider the $8 the fee for learning this valuable life lesson. :D
  14. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills

i like u but yea all of u are right...
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    OK, OK. Just take the danged thing back. Even if the policy doesn't apply, you'll get your money back unless you cop an attitude. Be polite and slightly sheepish. "Oh jeez, I mentioned that it was for bass, but I didn't check to make sure. Can you cut me some slack on this?" Talk to a manager if necessary. And, for the love of god (whatever you perceive it to be), don't ask them to reimburse you for gas money. It's your screw-up.
  16. Ship it to me and take the loss. :p
  17. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    hehe.. im always nice.. especially this time since im partially to blame here :)

i wont ask for the transportation fee since he did give me the $4 discount before.. so i guess it kind of balances out now...

cute hehe
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If you're looking for some kind of reimbursement on your gas expense, ask for a set of strings, a cable, or a strap. They may feel sorry for you and throw one of those items in.

I think it was your mistake to not check out the pedal thoroughly before you left the store. Anything used should always be given a run through in the store before you leave with it. As was mentioned, do not start copping an attitude, you need to be polite and kind since you messed up.

19. I'm sure they'll throw in something for you. $50.00? That's nothing compared to what the store makes. Last time I went, people were walking out with $13,000.00 strats.
  20. +1, ...or, "Oh jeez, the salesman told me it was for bass, but I didn't check to make sure until I got home." Still makes you look silly, but maybe they'll take partial blame and give you a break. (Just don't say it like you're pissed; more like you're bummed about the whole thing.)
    Good luck! Let us know how it works out.