Guitar Center Part 2 - small world

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by theautarch, Aug 6, 2003.

1. theautarch

Mar 18, 2003
    ..a while ago, i posted a story where i bought a used bass from Guitar Center and while my teacher was going to adjust the truss rod, he noticed that the nut was stripped. i took it back and, while at the store, the guitar tech snapped the truss rod when he moved the nut. needless to say i got my money back..

my bass teacher called me last week to ask what color the bass was that i returned. blue i told him. he then tells me that another student just bought THE EXACT BASS I RETURNED THAT HAD THE BUSTED TRUSS ROD!!!!!!!! he went to make adjustments and the nut spun freely. the student was furious, went back to Guitar Center, and demanded his money back or a new bass for the price he paid. of course Guitar Center asked the obvious questions, in which he replied with my story. with nothing to say Guitar Center gave him a brand new bass in the model he had originally bought.

Was this a legitimate mistake or just blantant poor work ethic?

i will never go to this particular branch again. a week after i returned that bass, i did find a great deal on a brand new bass at a differnt store.

2. It was most likely both an honest mistake and blatant not caring. What I mean by that is...

You returned the bass to Salesman A who dosen't give a crap and just puts it back out on the floor.

The new student comes in asking for that type of bass and Salesman C who has no idea what went on before (it was his day off, he was at lunch, he wasn't even hired then, etc) grabs that one not knowing any better and sells it to the kid.

Just my $0.02
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I agree with chaoslord. It was probably an accident.If not, the guy should be fired.
  4. kutz

Mar 19, 2003
    Orange County CA
    I'd bet the evil Guitar Center knew exactly what they were doing. They probably hoped some sucker who knew nothing about a bass would buy it.
  5. theautarch

Mar 18, 2003
    the guy that handled my return was the Asst. Manager....
  6. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    It depends on the GC and the people working there. I got a friend at one and from time to time they get some crappy used stuff in and sell it, I trust some of the guys on the floor over a manager anyday, all they want is the $$$ to make thier store look better.