1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Center policies

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Flizzy21, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Flizzy21

Flizzy21

May 13, 2007
    Im not sure if this is in the right section but w/e. I have a fender bassman 150 and recently got a new mes cab and am looking to trade in the bassman so i can get a head for my new cab. What is guitar centers policies with trade ins? will they even take it? and if they do will i get money or store credit for it? and how much?

Also, i didn't originally get the amp for GC, and its in perfect condition, not gigged or anything and ive only had it for 3 months...if that matters

2. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Anytime you trade something to a dealer rather than sell it outright you will take a beating...
    They'll take it, for far less than it's worth

3. they will give you a pack of Picks for a jazz bass.

sell it elsewhere man..

4. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    The Bassman 150 is $450 new in MF...I'd guess they'd try to sell it used at GC for $350...so I wouldn't expect to get more than $150 for it.

5. dbcandle

dbcandle

Jan 30, 2008
    You'll take a "beating" selling it through a dealer. eBay would be best, but you'd have to worry about shipping. I hear "Craigs List" is good locally, and there may be other local "BBS-like" web-sites you could use.

6. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    I know GC and Sam Ash are both limiting their gear intake. Typically they will let you trade in stuff if your buying something. The way the economy is they arent moving gear very quickly. The last few times ive been in there they wernt buying anything unless it was rare or vintage or they knew itd move.