Guitar Center question...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jon223, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Hi all, im going to the old GC saturday, to pick up a bass. And i'm wondering. Is it worth asking for "discounts" on little things like strings, cables, cases or something. I know lots of places, mostly independent places, will help out alot with accessories, but will GC? The bass will only be 140. Do you think they'll help, or should i even ask.
    I just dont have any experience w/ buying from GC. And i dont want to ask and be turned down on it. So, if NE1 can help, thanks alot.
  2. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    if they turn you down, so what? you don't have anything to lose. act like you arn't going to buy whatever unless you get free stuff. they should give in. if they don't oh well.if they do? free stuff!

It's win/win, really. go for it.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    While you're buying the bass, ask them if they can give you a break on the knick-knacks. Usually, they'll cut you some slack on the package.
  4. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Yes, yes, yes. Definitely bargain. GC is the only place where I've successfully bargained quite a bit. My Thumb was priced at $2900, but I got him down to $2200 with a free hardshell case, chords and strings. It took me a long time, but well worth it.
  5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Hitting G.C. at the prime Christmas Season, eh?
  6. appler

appler Guest

Definitely ask for some free stuff. If it's a floor model, you can usually get the price down real cheap, including a new set of strings, and a good deal on a hard shell case if you want one. I got a Spector NS2000Q4 (list $749) with a $150 hardshell case and D'Addario strings there for like $400 total with a little bargaining.