1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Center Sold!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DeanT, Jul 20, 2007.

1. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I just read that Guitar Center has been sold to a private investment firm for $2.1 billion.

The company says the deal will "affect" all 210 Guitar Center retail stores, the Musician's Friend Web site, the Guitar Center Web site and GC's education programs. However, what that "affect" will be is unknown. The company says it will be "minimal." Hopefully things will change for the better, not worse (if that's even possible with GC).

2. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    I applied to work there recently. Hopefully there isn't some sort of hiring freeze or anything.

3. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Old news - a couple weeks ago. There was quite a bit of discussion here the day the announcement was made. The general concensus seems to be that it should have positive results...

http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/?p=1178

4. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    i hope this means lower prices, not higher ones.

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I wonder if I'll be able to use my GC card at MF since MF carries some stuff GC doesn't.