Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar Center Special Edition MIM Jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Apr 26, 2005.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Clear gloss on ash jazz. Rosewood on maple neck. Gorgeous bass! (and it was actually a MIM, I checked). Had different pickups, though. From a side shot, the pole pieces looked like this:

x X X x instead of x x x x
    like most other jazz pickups (especially cheaper ones). Basically, the pole pieces seemed to follow the curve of the strings better. Not sure what they were, but makes me wonder if they aren't actually better than the standard set.

Anyone have any idea if there are any differences other than finish? Are the only differrences in the pickups the shape of the pole pieces?

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Sounds like a nice bass. If you pick it up please post a pic.
    It may be that someone adjusted the poles that way. I would be surprised if the poles were adjusted that way by the factory......

3. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    probably throw in a set of Fralins or SD Antiquity 2's in them, so it won't matter too long.

main thing is getting a tort pickguard and badass or schaller bridge right away. Pickups can wait.