1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Guitar Center You're Killin' Me

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by slobake, Mar 25, 2013.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something

Ordered the Zoom B3 on March 18 from GC because it was 20 bucks cheaper than everywhere else and also because I had 30 days to return it. I liked the return policy because I couldn't find one locally to try it out.
    I got an email on the same day telling me they were back ordered. When I called GC customer service they said they were recieving some on the 22. Okay a couple of days more, not a big deal. I called on March 22 and they said there was some due in on the 23rd but it would take 1 to 5 business days to put them in stock. I called today and now they are saying they are still out of stock until April 2. Is this intentional bait and switch or are the customer service people telling me things they are not sure about? Now I have to decide if I should cancel the order and start over with someone else. Is the April 2 date not real either? So far they have given me no reason to believe them.

2. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    When new products are supposed to get to a store, and when they actually do, are rarely the same. It's pretty much the norm to have things get delayed like this. That's why I never, ever bother to buy something that isn't shown as "in stock" on someones website. Then I order it. That's just the way it seems to go in the world of retail.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Call Musicians Friend they should price match .

4. slobake

Good advice, I think I'll do that. I bought it through GC because I wouldn't have to ship it back if I didn't like it, I could return it to a store. I have a good feeling about this pedal though I"m pretty sure I'm going to love it.

5. It's the same company don't they have the same warehouse and same availability of products?

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Anyone else find this funny in an effects thread? No? Just me? OK.

7. slobake

I get it , and that is what's scaring me. :eek:

8. slobake

Just canceled w/G.C and ordered it from Sweetwater. They wouldn't match the price but they had it in stock, their price was the same as everyone else and they gave me free shipping.

9. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Free shipping + no sales tax is always better.

10. slobake

Just got a call from "My personal Sales engineer" Mark at Sweetwater. He wanted to make sure I ordered the pedal, told me it was shipping tommorow and emailed me all his info. Good guy, great service.

11. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    Sweetwater tries harder!