1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar Center

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 9c1ny, Jul 23, 2019.

1. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So recently I acquired a really strong sudden gas for an Ampeg tube head and an 8x10 fridge. I inquired with Sweet Water first but wasn't given any kind of deal or incentive so I kept looking, on the 18th I noticed Guitar Center had a deal $10 GC bucks for every $50 spent up to $500 in GC bucks. So I call to confirm the deal, confirm they have an SVT -CL in stock and then mull it over for a few mins and consequences be damned I decided to throw it on my gear card , 24mo 0%. $2700 worth of Ampeg goodness.
    I leave for work and later share my 'score' with my better half who is usually pretty supportive but I must have caught her at a bad time because she was not happy.
    I did the math and convinced her that $150 a month with no interest and getting $500 in coupons that they were practically paying me to take it. Yeah she didn't see it that way either. Anyway after a night of being in the proverbial dog house I awoke Thursday feverishly looking for my tracking information, nothing, " processing". So Friday I am at work and get a call from their ' authorization ' department , I call back and wait about 20 mins on hold for a girl who makes me look up my alpha numeric order number and verifies my information, she asks if the number I called her on (my only number) is a good number to call me back on, I say yes and she hangs up and calls right back, " ok just wanted to verify your phone number, we'll get your order out, you will get an email with tracking numbers soon" , really?? I've bought multiple basses from them, I haven't moved nor changed my number, 2 days to verify my phone number. So its Friday night now, nothing Saturday, Sunday I have a voice mail from Guitar Center in Texas, so I call back within an hour of the message and the guy is gone, clerk knows nothing, multiple holds, 20 minutes later I get an oh, we have your head here but I wanted you to be aware that it doesn't have the original box, so I ask , it's new right? Oh yeah yeah for sure, its mint, it's the only one guitar center has in the whole US right now he says, no idea why its here but it's in our back room and we hooked it up, sounds aces dude. So I say ok, as long as it's new and has the warranty and what not, yup he says, we'll ship it Monday morning. Ok.
    So this morning voicemail, umm yeah this is Guitar Center Beaumont, umm we umm noticed your amp is missing a few tubes, we can certainly discount you some to buy new tubes, it plays and sounds great, it's just down on power a bit

So I call the 800 number and ask for my order to be cancelled, several holds, attempted " problem solving" on their end with no resolution as they changed the ETA on the arrival of new heads from next week to the end of August to mid September during the phone call alone. 20 more minutes later order finally canceled.

The best part?

As of right now the SVT-CL head shows ' in stock and ready to ship' on their website

Ridiculous

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  2. flojob

flojob Gold Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2011
    At least your SO will be relieved

neuman, jackn1202, roccobass and 8 others like this.
  3. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    For now ;)

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Depending on your situation and seriousness level. Would you expect her to be happy about a $2,700 purchase that you didn't consult her on? Would you be supportive if she spent $2,700 without talking to you?

Worked out for the best I suppose.

5. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    A solid A+, for effort. If the situation would have been reversed, the shoe storage would have been a forethought, easily a month ago.*

* Ladies, I'm just keeping it real.

JoshS and JRA like this.
  6. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Countdown commenced... :roflmao:

[​IMG]

7. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    This will hurt way worse than cartoon arrows...

61tvzLnBfjL._UY395_.

... while I'm running, up a mountain...

... from a green coifed, flying wench, throwing... shoe sales arrows at me...

... the five finger death punch will be the arrival of the credit card statement.

You may be right...

JRA and Winslow like this.
  8. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Be glad it's just arrows. When she gets really perturbed, she can also fire lightning.

[​IMG]

:laugh:

(Urusei Yatsura)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    DJ Bebop, Michigander and JC Nelson like this.
  9. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    Sounds like you should be thanking GC.

aldaa and jackn1202 like this.
  10. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    hi Spidey :)

Gags about shoes are my gags! ;) (says my wife who has hundreds of them! :roflmao:)

And still… :D

It' s hard to have that in your bedroom without permission! :laugh:

greetings

Wise(b)ass

jackn1202, Spidey2112 and JRA like this.
  11. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    We have a good relationship I usually can buy with impunity but that means supporting her hobbies hence we have a small zoo, Saturday was shopping for a chameleon for penance for the bass amp that fell through lol

12. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Sweetwater offered you a great deal and incentive. Going through them would have saved you a lot of time and aggravation.

13. GManfromOz

GManfromOz

Jul 27, 2016
    Congratulations! I have never read the sentence "shopping for a chameleon" ever. And I do quite a bit of reading.

lowplaces, ELG60, mrb327 and 5 others like this.
  14. Crunchy Growl

Crunchy Growl

Jan 31, 2018
    They may have done you a favor check out the new SVT from Ampeg with its new configuration and Specs. Cheers!

ELG60 and 9c1ny like this.
  15. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    It's easy to offer a great deal on something you don't actually have to sell.

ajkula66, Charlzm and 9c1ny like this.
  16. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Looks amazing but is almost a full grand more than the classic :(

17. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:laugh:

:thumbsup:

Wisebass and 9c1ny like this.
  18. 9c1ny

9c1ny Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2008

This.

JRA likes this.
  19. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Would it make you feel any better if I said I ordered the exact same rig Saturday and tracking shows it arriving tomorrow? :rolleyes:

jackn1202, 2tonic and 9c1ny like this.
  20. BOOG

BOOG Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2016
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I keed i keed:D

9c1ny likes this.