Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar Center...?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Dec 25, 2001.

1. I'm headed off to Guitar Center on Saturday. I'm looking to buy a new guitar. For anyone that's been there then...do they usually have any sales the week after Christmas? Many stores do. I wanna know if I can get anything cheap. :D

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    To paraphrase a conversation twixt me`n my good bud, bretley42...

"I wonder if G/C's having a sale?
      Is it the weekend?
      Ummm...yeah?
      They're havin' a sale."

:p

I think it'd be a pretty safe bet that they are. Like car dealers
    tryin' to make room for next year's models..."inventory reduction" -
    taxes, all that jazz.

3. Sweet! Cheap stuff!

And they always give me free strings or a stand or somethin.

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

And while you are at the Guitar Center, if you time your trip right, you can audition to play guitar for Limp Bizkit.

Check their web site for exact dates, but the band will be visting Guitar Centers in several states to audition guitarists to replace Wes Borland.

And good luck...both in finding the perfect guitar at a great price and at getting the gig for Limp Bizkit.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    If history bears out, this weekend could be a great time to go... remember, it's the end of the year.

I got two Eden D210XLT's around this time last December.... for $375 each. They said they were used, couldn't have been for more than a few minutes.

6. I think GC has a perpetually ongoing sale.Many retailers do that.