Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar forums?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JJd2sc, Feb 29, 2004.

1. JJd2sc

JJd2sc

Jul 31, 2003
    Marietta, Georgia
    TB is a bass haven. No other sites come close for bass. My brother is a guitarist and complains about how crappy the online guitar community is... Are there any good guitar sites similar to talkbass?

2. This thread has been done a few times. Really there aren't any good guitar forums. The guitarists just don't seem to want to chat a lot about guitar stuff I guess. Could always do a google search and see what you come up with.

[edit] http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Guitar+Forums I searched for "Guitar Forums" and it came up with this. Hope it will help!

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    guitar players? on the internet?

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    i encourage you to become a contributing member, as talkbass really is a wonderful sight.

Wonderful, that sounds dumb.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Contrary to popular belief, guitars are music related. Moved to Miscellaneous.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea my guitarist never really goes on forums or looks at gear he cant afford. he has no GAS at all!? WHats with this? My drummer on the otherhand is just like me, cept with drums.

7. www.guitar.com

It has a really good Electric and acoustic guitar section, just stay clear of the misc. boards.

8. 563

Jul 27, 2003
    Seattle
    I was feeling the same way, no decent guitar forums anywhere that werent brand specific etc.

So I started one. Its totally slow right now as its still new. But Im working on building it up, just need more folks :)

Bass talk is welcome there as well as any other string instruments actually.

Anyway, dont want yall to think Im spamming ... I just thought that since there was interest ...

so ... http://www.chordophonics.com tell your friends :)

9. Musicianforums.com is great and I visit there for bass too. They have forums for different types of music, cd reviews, guitar, drums, BASS, and everything.

10. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    What about Harmony Central? (www.harmonycentral.com) They have a bass forum, guitar forum, hell they have a forum for just about anything.