Guitar G.A.S.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Oct 3, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Im currently gassing for this:

It just isnt right though. What do you guys think, is it a decent guitar or is it not worth the pain and misery?
  2. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Save your money....Buy a bad ass bass!!! :)
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Go for it! Hey, I can barely play three chords, and I still GAS for geetars!

I have a SG, a Seagull Folk, and a Sigma 12; I would love a Martin 000-15S, a metal-bodied resonator, and a Tele.
  4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I want an Ibanez JS1000. I think I would be happy then.
  5. IF i would get a guitar it would have to weigh about 3 pounds, and have a floyd rose.
  6. That Schecter (?) has a beautiful finish and they are put together really well. I might find the inlay a little much - with guitars I think about how it will look in 20 years. I wonder if the "tats" on it will look soo turn of the century...but maybe it's just cool forever.
  7. That's actually an Ibanez.
  8. BassesOfDeath

Sep 13, 2003
    *Curls into a ball and rocks back and forth* no more guitars no more guitars, the guitars can't hurt me anymore. :bawl: *hugs his bass tightly*
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Looks nice enough if it's not too expensive. I like the carved top and through-body string. Looks very similar to a Custom Shop Schecter I had once. :bawl: I miss that guitar!
    My current guitar G.A.S. is a 68-72 Les Paul Custom in black with LOTS of wear, original frets, and possibly a broken headstock, if repaired right. I found a '71 today at a great price, but it was a re-fret, so it didn't have those almost flat frets like the originals. I want a "fretless wonder". It also was too clean. I want one with a good bit of wear.
  10. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Its actually an Ibanez SX, its a copy of a PRS if you cant tell. I think its also one of the only Ibanez's with a string thru body. Its advertised in the local magazine for $1095AUS, about 750US.

Nah, i gotta get more bass gear before i go out schpending big on guitar stuff. Pretty cool inlay aswell :D
  11. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Bah, be a man, get a real* geetar!

* "real" in the terms of "retain a slight bit of your street/bassist credibility"
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I was playing around with my guitarist Josh's Ibanez RG7420 (7 string), and that gave me a guitar bug.

He was cool enough to lend/give me his RG120 for screwing around on. Needs new strings, the jack needs to be resolded, and a saddle for the high E, but that'd all run me all of $30, and I'd have a kick ass little guitar to shred with.

Probably gonna string it from B to B.

GAS wise, I'd love an Ibanez RG7420 like his, or a Schecter A-7
  13. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I have an RG ibanez guitar from a friend, that also needs a jack, a new high e saddle, and a pickup switch. Can you buy individual saddles?
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I imagine so. or should have them.

Probably listed at replacement saddles for Fender or some such. It's a standard saddle, so I think any one of a similar nature would work.
  15. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Kirbs, you're in Melbourne right?

I played with a guitarist on Sat who had a guitar made my a Melbourne Based company (Belari I think. I can find out for sure later). It made his spare guitar - a Les Paul - sound like a toy. Like the PRS it's got 2 humbuckers which can also be split into single coils, so it's effectively a LEs Paul and a Strat in one guitar.

I have no idea how much they are but he did say it was cheaper than the Les Paul. I'm interested to see their Bass guitar offerings.

16. I can play a few chords, but I still like playing guitar because you don't have to play chords to come up with stuff :D
  17. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia

The company I was talking about is called BELMAN. Click here to visit their website. Looks like my mate Luke had and "Albatros" model with a flame maple body and a greeny finish. I was beautiful.
  18. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I'm gassin for an old Kramer or something similar. Nice 'I just paid a hundred bucks for this piece' type vibe.
  19. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Bah. I don't like Ibanezesezes in general. I understand your pining for a guitar, though. My advice is this: Try a PRS Santana SE. I played one briefly, and I've never wanted a guitar so bad. Even though they are remarkably affordable, I can't afford one at the moment. If I could, however, I would get one of those. Give it a shot. ;) It should come in at least $200USD less than the Ibanez.
  20. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ive seen a few PRS' here in oz, but never played one. They're always sealed off in music shops with the kirk hammett signature ESP. I understand why, because the cheapest guitar in tat area of the shop is worth $3799...:meh: