1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Guitar help.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by J. Crawford, Mar 22, 2009.

1. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    My pops plays guitar, and I think I want to buy a cheap one to mess around with. Can you name some good ones, say the SX of guitars.

Oh, and I know its OT, but can my bass amp (in my sig) play with a guitar? Safely?

I was liking the CV guitar series on the GC website.

2. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Didnt look before, but does anyone have any opinions on the SX guitars?

Theyre cheap like the basses, but Im not sure about the quality of their guitars.

3. dean owens

dean owens

Sep 23, 2008
    pittsboro, nc
    just noodling around... your amp will be fine. it would help to get something like a boss ge-7 eq pedal. for a while i played through my old gk 200rcb and without an eq pedal the sound was very spiky. the pedal helped out.

as far as sx guitars... a few years ago on ax84 rondo's "agile" guitars were all the rage like the sx basses are here. at the time the agiles were cheaper than they are now. and i'm not sure they had sx guitars at the time. having said that, i think for the money, an sx guitar might not be a bad guitar to noodle around on.

4. I have an SX tele. It's amazing for the price. When I got it I had to lower the action a little bit, but that's all I've had to do. Oh and one of the screws on the control plate comes lose a lot and it's heavy as fudge, but besides that it's friggen' awesome. Nice beautiful fat neck. Definitely better than most of the squires I've played.

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Username, Im proud. First post I have ever seen that was helpful.

Thank you, both. And if all else fails, I can mutilate it and sell it on CL as a custom! ;)

6. Hey, I have my moments, but then I go right back to making poop jokes.

7. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Diarrhea. :D

8. I actually LOL'ed at that. I feel so immature.:atoz:

9. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    ITs all good. Were both underage, we reserve the right to laugh at poop jokes.

Is it sad that I chuckled at myslef typing poop? Is it even more so sad that me and you are carrying on a conversation about poop?:scowl:

10. How old are you?

11. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    If you add the square root of green, to door stop.

Otherwise, 16.

12. Bass amps will have NO problem with guitar, unless if you do something stupid with the settings on the amp, which will blow it regardless of what's in it.

13. Wow, you hide it really well. You act a lot more mature than me, kudos.

14. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I try my best. I was told you gain TB fame by acting mature and answering questions, or taking at Username.

Kudos for ironically gaining fame for being special.

15. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Recommendation: at that price point, find one with a hardtail bridge or block the tremolo. Cheap tremolos are nothing but a source of problems, and I would recommend avoiding it altogether.

SX guitars are great, modern Squiers are good too. If you're handy with fretwork and setups, you can get a great playing guitar for about $150.

16. timmbass

timmbass

Oct 4, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
  17. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    My pops actually has a Artcore, the Ibby version of the White Falcon by Gretsch. Great guitar, but I want something of my own. I dont want to spend much, because I dont want to invest and not like it.

SX looks like the best way.