1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

guitar hero hecklers

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BbbyBld, Jun 14, 2007.

1. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    I was playing a gig tonight at a country club. We started to play and after the first song, a boy, probably not older than 8 comes up and asks us to play "American Pie." We kind of laughed, and I thought, "heh heh, that's pretty cute." We said no we didn't know it and the singer teased him a little...saying we'll play it if you sing it. Everybody got a laugh out of it.

We play another song, and then he's back...with a friend. They asked us to play "Cherry Pie." Taken aback, I exclaimed 'Cherry Pie' by Warrant?" We got another good laugh. The singer asked them who was telling them to request these songs, and one of them said he heard them on Guitar Hero!

Then he asked us to play "Free Bird." We told them we didn't play that. Then he started going down his list..."Message in a Bottle," "Smoke on the Water," "Sweet Home Alabama," etc... Every time he named one, one of us would play a little bit of it, and then we just resumed playing our set hoping they would go away, and the other one yelled, "Nooooo, play something else, play something else!" This wasn't funny any more.

After that song, he's back. He wanted to hear "Mother" by Danzig. The singer told them, "Listen! any song that's in that game--we don't know it!"

I guess it's good that kids get exposed to classic rock.

The good part is that the club want us to play every Thursday afternoon this summer, and they pay pretty good!

2. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    Well you better learn some of those songs then! :)

3. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    Yep...guess I better get the game so I'll be ready!:D

4. LumpyGravy

LumpyGravy Guest

May 8, 2002
    That kid was good. Freebird..... Doesn't everyone know that song. I bet Saturday Night Special would've appeased him.

5. I was actually joking with a friend that a Guitar Hero cover band would be balls!

6. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    Just be glad the kid hasn't gotten to Jordan yet.

7. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Inactive

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    dude where are the kids parents? tell em to get the little kid to get lost. that would get annoying in liek 5 seconds.:scowl:

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Yeah and the kid would be the Bar owners kids and you wouldn't have a nice paying gig all summer.

9. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I've been planning on getting guitar hero rock band.... version (where I"m told) that you can play all the instruments.... I just want to play bass in the game along w/ whoever else wishes to play with me. :bassist:

10. MazeMouse

MazeMouse

Jan 27, 2005
    Netherlands
    I know how to play nearly half of the songs of Guitar Hero 1 and about the same figure for Guitar Hero 2.... :bag:

11. I thank Guitar Hero for my current skill - they introduced me to Rush.

During my band's Ballad, our lead guitarist and keyboardist rock out on GH controllers.

12. uethanian

uethanian

Mar 11, 2007
    some people i know are obnoxious with guitar hero. they're like, "oooh look how good i am!!" at wat? guitar? i hope not...

13. All you need is a controller, and rock away

14. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I could have played every one of those requests.

God help me, I'm such a Ho

15. the_fonz

the_fonz

Nov 27, 2006
    Kane, PA
    Danzig is considered classic now? man, i need to keep up on the times

16. ya, i know some people that are fairly obnoxious too, always boasting about being able to play so-and-so on expert. I find it quite ennoying.

17. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    My band played 4 songs from Guitar hero II at our last show. When the whole crowd starts chanting one more song, and your guitarist pulls star power into the solo of sweet child, it's really a special thing. Very special.

18. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    I've never actually heard Freebird, kinda lame i know.

19. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Japan
    Just thank god he wasn't requesting songs from Dance Dance Revolution. :bag:

20. CrazyWallaWalla

CrazyWallaWalla

Aug 16, 2006
    Toronto
    i woulda just belted that kid with my old les paul special... it could take it, that thing is a tank.... but the kid... not so much

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021