1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Guitar Hero" Peavey? ***?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jeff_bass28, Mar 17, 2008.

1. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
  2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Link doesn't work

3. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    Hmm... works for me...

4. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
  5. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Link worked for me :eyebrow:

I noticed that the other day when I was browsing Peavey's site. It would take one serious GH player to pony up for one of those. :rolleyes:

6. Haha, wow. So is a real guitar with the GH buttons added to the fretboard?

If so, my only question is... why???

7. Poseurs don't like to rawk plastic?

8. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Oh Lord...

9. LarsLockwood

LarsLockwood Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    Anyone who plays bass or guitar should spend their time practicing, not playing a video game guitar. I bought the game but decided my time is better spent playing my bass.

10. Why would I need Peavey to custom build me a controller when I have this? :D

IMG_0094s.

11. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    This has got to be one of the signs of the apocalypse........
    ....Oh sorry, excuse my almost rant.:scowl:

Why is Peavey doing it? Because they can for starters and
    they know that some people will spend money on such a
    silly thing as this is. While I can understand the appeal of the
    GH video game, as a musician I have to laugh at a product
    like this designed to appeal to the ego of the so called
    ' Serious Guitar Hero Master!'

Funny stuff indeed.

12. namraj

namraj

Feb 7, 2008
    Why laugh, its just a bit of fun, if some one wants to buy it, then why mock them for it, otherwise you may as well mock anyone who buy's a custom peavey at all. or sumone who mod's there £75 encore P bass covering it in stickers and the lark. chill, yeah it seems like a ridiculous waste of money, but to some people im sure a Mike Lull seems like a ridiculous waste of money.

xx

13. Why do they do it????

The same reason that Guitar Center sells Guitar Hero... because it makes $$$.

Like it or not, Guitar Hero is HUGE! We have the "Guitar Hero Tab Book" at the store. That book flys off the shelf, even though I have several other books that have the same songs in it. It's just everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

14. lola99

lola99

Jan 28, 2006
    Instead of spending hours pressing buttons, wouldn't it be better to practice on a real instrument so that you learn how to play the damned thing?

15. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006

people have money burning a hole in their pocket and don't have anything else to do with it.

16. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Correct you are. It is marketing. Nothing more. This isn't exactly a profit making venture for Peavy nor for Alienware who helped design the guitar. They took a standard axe they could work with, and integrated XBOX360 controls into the neck. Not an easy venture for mass production. The guitars do feel better and because they have weight to them, they feel just right.

17. namraj

namraj

Feb 7, 2008
    its not just guitarests and bassists that play guitar hero, infact my friends that play guitar hero are the less musical out of us, but just because its not musical doesnt meen its not an entertaining way to spend you're time, and its alot more social that playing achual instruments if some of the people arn't as musical as you (happens alot to me :p)

Y knock sumit just cos you don't do it, i don even have guitar hero and i've only played it once, and i wasn't exactly sober, but its a way to make money and its FUN. why spend £XXX on an xbox 360 or PS3 and spend your time playing GTA or Halo when you could be practicing, answer cos music isn't the only thing we spend our time doing. In fact you could say the same for things like clubbing and going to the pub, wat a waste of time and money that you could be spending on practice!!

xx

18. John127

John127

Nov 13, 2007
    New York City
    It would be better if you WANTED to learn to play the guitar!

It's a game folks - why would you compare it to real guitar playing?