Guitar Player is Dating a Blonde Yoko

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by oldgreyOlds, Aug 1, 2005.

1. oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    Im sure everyones had this problem in the past. Other quitarist in my last band had it too, but it was a nowhere band. Me and this guitarist have come from that band and moved into this one. We started this band together, hes become an amazing singer and guitar player, and my bass skills improve by leaps and bounds (granted each leap is a month apart..), have both invested countless hours writing, recruiting a second drummer, and invested a large portion of our incomes into this band. and now.. he gets this controlling girlfriend. he spends all his time with her, and hes totally different. hes gone from a guy who plays guitar none stop, even when your trying to talk to him, to never touching the things (he has 5) when shes around. He becomes all quiet and almost depressed sounding when he talks to us, and spends most of his time cuddling with her and ignoring us. worst part is, shes from a city a few hours away, so hes putting her up right now, and trying to get us to put her up for a while. even his mom (who is a very nice lady) cant stand this girl. So how did you guys get rid of these chicks in your bands?
  2. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    um , never play in a trio with a married couple.
  3. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Buy him a guitar that's shaped like a naked woman....that seems to be what's on his mind. Fire his whipped lazy ass.....Oh, I know....have the chick join the band...turn her mike off and let her do background vocals.....she'll get hooked and nag the guy to practice more so that 'her' band will be better.....then he'll break up with her for being a nag....then fire her.

Edited by Smash : no talk of killing here, even in jest, thanks.
  4. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Plant naked photos on him, that will deal with her soon enough. Either gender should have the desired effect.
  5. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    least its just dating.

my singer is married to a yoko,.
  6. oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    well, if I fire him Ill be starting a new band, because we did all the songs together, plus the fact we are really good friends too. shawn... Im sorry man. :rollno:
  7. MazeMouse

Jan 27, 2005
    Simpel and direct approuch => Be honest about it.
  8. Either adress the situation or leave the band...both are hard to do.
    Good luck!!!
  9. Time Divider

Time Divider Guest

Apr 7, 2005
    Welcome to the Bermuda Triangle of Band Management. He's lost in the triangle right now. If you don't help him, he may never find his way out.
  10. MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Find a new band. Not hard to do for bass players.
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    First off, never address her or refer to her as anything but Yoko. That ought to bring it to a head.
  12. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Another band that i have played with for years recently kicked their bassit/vocalist to the curb because of this very reason. He became a flake and their last recording session he came in the last day for it. Threw down his tracks and left.

Needless to say they now have an amazing vocalist and a new bassist that rocks pretty damn hard!