Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar Player joining the the ranks...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tony Mig., Jan 29, 2001.

1. Tony Mig.

Tony Mig.

Jan 29, 2001
    Hello all...name here is Tony, and I've been playing guitar for a few years now. I've been kicking around the idea of trying my luck at playing Bass, so I recently put a deposit on a new Fender "Geddy Lee" signature moddel Jazz Bass.
    I'll be stopping by here to pick your collective brains, and ask your typical "newbee" questions. If I ask too many stupid questions, just let me know....LOL....I gotta start somewhere.

2. Glad to see you may convert, Don't worry about stupid questions, we have all asked them at some point, just have a ball, and no matter what just groove.....

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congratulations on your new bass, I have one just like it!

[​IMG]

The Geddy Lee is a great Jazz bass, has a nice slim neck, and the '62 reissue pickups have great tone.

Welcome to the brand new world of being a bassplayer, and welcome to Talkbass!

4. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Welcome Tony...nice to see another guitar convert. Beware though, if you're like I was you'll soon see your guitars sitting on their stands begging you for attention.

5. Tony Mig.

Tony Mig.

Jan 29, 2001
    I know what you mean DaveB, but I don't think they will be lonely for too long.
    The reasons I want to get a Bass are many, instead of blowing my money on a rythum machine to jam with, I'm getting a Bass. It will give me another instrument to learn and practice music with, and I'll be able to record my own Bass rythums to jam to with my guitars.
    I had a Jazz Bass many moons ago, but didn't get very far with it, kick myself for letting it go, 20/20 hindsight being what it is. I have a renewed intrest in the instrument that I feel will last quite a bit longer this time around. All I have to do now is come up with the money to get it out of it's music store prison...

6. chris stone

chris stone

Jan 24, 2001
    glad your here this truely is the "best place for your
    bass" ha ha welcome...

7. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    I used to play guitar for a while, too. I am one of the many who converted to bass and am loving it. Don't know how I'd survive without talkbass though.................

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, welcome to all you guitarists! you guys should look into some extended range basses like mine - i tune most of them like 7 string guitars. :D

[​IMG]

(haven't posted that pic in a while, needed a good excuse :D )