Guitar players, I need all the help i can get..please!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ninthwondernj, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Ok, five been working on this same f****n chord for the past week and a half, and, it seems, that no matter what ive done so far doesnt work. no matter what i do wit my fingers something gets muted that should be. its from Jimi Hendrix "Wind Cries Mary"

the problems for me have been 1) the bottom skin of my finger hits the D string(muting it) when i play the note on the A string no matter what or 2) if i can get past that i cant get my index finger to fret the G and D strings along with the A to sound the chord....this one eonly chord i cant seem to get....***

maybe this is just me venting, maybe theres nothing you guys could advise or anything that can help me..i dont know honestly, but if someone can....tell me, what might i be doing wrong?

can someone take a picture of their hand fretting the chord so i can see or something? something i should do or not do? ..anything, im truly getting desperate and overly frustrated
  2. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    How long have you been playing Barre Chords? Sometimes it just takes time a patience. It took me a while to get my fingers to bend in the right places especially an A type barre chord.
    Sorry I can't take a picture, but I live alone and it would be a little akward.
    My advice try it for 10 min, Stop for 10 min. and try again. I think you'll eventually get it.

No one's going to say anything if you use 3 fingers if your not putting a barre behind them.
  3. well can i ask..should my wrist be bent on an angle or straight up and down
  4. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    You made me get my guitar out and look, and I haven't played that song for 15 years, If I'm barreing, I have it straight, If I use the tips of my fingers I bend it. That's just what I do naturally.
  5. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Now ask me about Puple Haze or Foxy Lady, I still play those all the time. :)
  6. sorry about that dude, so its ok to bend? as long as you get the chord to play?
  7. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    No problem, I'm kinda in the do what feels right camp. I've never really paid much attention to wrist position, I don't on Bass either, I watch my thumb position because it help w/ reach, but if you can do it bending your wrist, I don't see the problem. Things fall into place when you get used to them anyway.
  8. i see what you mean....thanks a bunch i mean u got ur geetar out and all man! im gonna keep at it.peace

if anyone else could contribute something to help, please do, i would really appreciate it!